Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride! >

Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride!

Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride!

Old 03-06-2012, 07:10 AM

I'm so sorry you feel this way, and I apologize for offending you. It was a suggestion, not a demand.

Personally, I am glad there is this much chatter on the thread. I feel that the more imput we get and give, the more we learn. Nothing is said on this board to criticize and I don't think anyone is being cruel or mean; I see it as helpful suggestions. Hopefully, we can all learn from other's remarks and take them in the constructive way they are meant.

Originally Posted by Yosamitesa View Post
Why should I move it? Fabrics A, C, and E are all the same "pattern" and if I move "E" to another position it will throw them next to each other. Besides, I thought you said that order did not matter. Also, the last time I checked..."mystery" quilts were supposed to be just that. A mystery for the quilt maker to decide how and where they want their fabrics, not someone telling them to do this and do that. I was REALLY excited about doing this mystery quilt. I spent a lot of time searching for the "right" fabrics for me. Now I need to think LONG and hard if I even want to do this mystery quilt.

Also, I've NEVER in my life seen so many people jump on others as in this thread. "I wouldn't use that fabric, pick a new one" and when people ask a question they are told that comment wasn't about them. Seriously?!?!? Can people not ask questions? When I first asked for clarification on the initial cuts, there were some partially snide comments, but I let them go. After being as excited as I was and how I feel now...I need to do some serious thinking if I even want to cut into these fabrics or use them for another project down the road.

Some of the ladies need to remember that some of us haven't been doing this for long and that we enjoy learning. Half the fun of quilting is when you are doing seeing what you like, what you are not that fond of and what you will change to make it more "yours" in the future. Quilts are not cookie cutters, no two will ever be alike. I'm sorry if I have offended anyone, but I must say I am very disappointed.

Last edited by paintmejudy; 03-06-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:22 AM

[QUOTE=paintmejudy;5035932]

I got a hug then felt I got a slap for being spoon fed... ouch I'm going to follow your instructions Judy and see what I get. <3

Last edited by SheriR; 03-06-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:31 AM

Sheri, all iwas said in jest. Mea culpea. Please, no slap intended. More hugs from me, too. And hugs to all who are working throught the mystery.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:36 AM

OKAY everyone - let's take a CHILL PILL - or a BIG PIECE OF CHOCOLATE BAR

It is time to get this mystery train back on track. I think we are coming away with some confusion and misunderstandings that can be set aside to focus on the MYSTERY .........

All I can say is WHAT A RIDE

Thanks to all the participants and our leader. I think some of the confusion came from that fact that she knows the identity of the finished project and we don't so has given suggestions accordingly.

So, off to sew and sew and sew
Old 03-06-2012, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
I'm so sorry you feel this way, and I apologize for offending you. It was a suggestion, not a demand.

Personally, I am glad there is this much chatter on the thread. I feel that the more imput we get and give, the more we learn. Nothing is said on this board to criticize and I don't think anyone is being cruel or mean; I see it as helpful suggestions. Hopefully, we can all learn from other's remarks and take them in the constructive way they are meant.
It is always nice to see chatter on a thread and constructive critisim is nice, however the rude comments are not constructive, they can be down right hurtful. Personally I will stand in the background and watch for now to see how it will turn out and how my quilt will turn out. Sorry I feel I cannot share my excitement with the group with how mine is turning out. I look forward to seeing others and as always will comment with positive comments!

Quilty hugs to all and special hugs to SheriR!!!!
Old 03-06-2012, 07:53 AM

AMEN, Sapdoggie...NOTHING has been said that's so hurtful. These are just suggestions, have fun with it, it's not like it costs a fortune if it doesn't turn out like YOU think it should...get back on track of having fun with this mystery project...

Originally Posted by sapdoggie View Post
OKAY everyone - let's take a CHILL PILL - or a BIG PIECE OF CHOCOLATE BAR

It is time to get this mystery train back on track. I think we are coming away with some confusion and misunderstandings that can be set aside to focus on the MYSTERY .........

All I can say is WHAT A RIDE

Thanks to all the participants and our leader. I think some of the confusion came from that fact that she knows the identity of the finished project and we don't so has given suggestions accordingly.

So, off to sew and sew and sew
Old 03-06-2012, 07:59 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

I came late in the game- Posters need to remember that some members participating are new quilters and what seem simple to some may be difficult for others. I have read comments have been made that can be interpreted in a negative way. Please be mindful of everyone. The object is to have fun and hopefully learn 'tips & techniques' from fellow quilters.. No one wants to feel inferior here. Please choose words carefully.. Hopefully this can be an enjoyable ride for everyone..
Old 03-06-2012, 08:48 AM

DID SOMEONE SAY CHOCOLATE?

If anything I have enjoyed seeing the different color choices that have been made. I am envious of the beautiful fabrics. I have been quilting a long while and I can say some of my choices even now makes others cringe, but it is what I like and so I do it. I love quilting to much to fret over little comments. The big picture is the finished product. So let us all have fun as said and move forward.

Last edited by QuilterMomma; 03-06-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:06 AM

SheriR. Love, love your reds. The others are pretty too. I can see why you are having a hard time deciding! I totally have thing for red right now. Can't wait to see what you decide on.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:14 AM

I am with you Foxflower, I tend more towards the reds as well. Although, I love bold and vibrant colors. With the wonderful selections and if she likes how this mystery looks, maybe she will make two of them then? That could be done. I am using my scraps for this so will be fishing thru my selection and keeping a black background as the main color theme in my scraps with picking the brights out of the fabric. The Red White and Blacks looked cool as well. still fishing to be sure I have scraps long enough and wide enough. This takes extra time. What a fun way to take a bath in fabric right?