Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm >

March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm

March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm

Old 03-06-2012, 06:35 PM

Okay everyone, I need some ideas. A fabric store that I have been doing orders...
today with my recent order sent me 35 5" inch squares in all fall colors for free. They are all beatiful fabrics too. I need some ideas on what to make with them.

Also I am on the way to an emergency eye appt, about an hour and a 1/2 ago I suddenly started having double vision out of my right eye. I called my Neurologist, who right now I am ready to wring his neck neck. I had an increase on one of my seizures meds a week, which gives me double vision. They never called me back which made me P.O., so I called the on call, which happened to be my Doctor (he's an idiot), he said I don't think its your meds, so call your eye doctor, because there is probably something wrong with your eye since its just one eye. So I did, and he's going to see me at 7:30 tonight.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:35 PM

Good luck with your appointment Juli.

Clue - my secret pal likes many things but their favorite is fabric.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:43 PM

Good luck Juli. Hope all goes well. Will be a few more days before I get my sp's package together. Went to doctor today & I have pneumonia. But I am very anxious to get busy on my sp's package.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:34 PM

i do hope all of the midwest swappers are safe and well. along with the recent tornados we are having brush fires from the high winds. they are battling several fires in missouri tonight and the cleanup continues for all the recent tornados. i pray that none of our swappers are in the fires path or have or have been affected by the recent tornadoes.

i called the red cross today to see if i could partcipate in their efforts in branson mo, one of my most fave places to visit. branson is 4+ hrs drive for me and if it was 2 hrs or less i would just drive down and help. with it being a 8+ hr round trip driving not sure i could do the driving and help all in the same day. the weather in the midwest is always interesting this time of year.

to all whom are curently afflicted i am ushering prayers up for you. be well and safe all.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:17 PM

Hope everyone gets to feeling better.... Many with the crud, flu and colds... NO FUN!! ( I am on round 2 of the crude. so TAKE CARE... feeling better but it been 2 weeks tomorrow. Not as bad as round 1.) It messes up our fun time to sew, quilt, embroider, play wth grand kids, our furry critters, time with friends, or hubbys, or read a good book.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:18 PM

I just got back from my appt, he ran a whole bynch of tests, My eyes are just fine: no tumor, no pressure on my eyes, no stygmatism, no bleeding, no tear on my retna. I know that is my medication: this happens every time my medication is increased and it was increased another 100 mg last week, my vision will all of a sudden go double because my levels get to high every time its increased. I was absolutely fine all day until about 4:30 tonight, all of a sudden my vision just split in two. Only my right eyes was affected, which is always the case. I could still see fine out of my left eye. My Doctor wasn't my medication because both eyes weren't affected.......but its always only one eye when it happens and he knows that, we always talk about it at every appt. He told me I could go down to urgernt care of the er, but I thought that would be so stupid to do. I know the reason why this is happening...he could have just had me to get my medication levels checked. Would that have to do diffcult? Can you see why I always have such a headache every I come home from an appt with him?
Old 03-06-2012, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Juli View Post
Okay everyone, I need some ideas. A fabric store that I have been doing orders...
today with my recent order sent me 35 5" inch squares in all fall colors for free. They are all beatiful fabrics too. I need some ideas on what to make with them.

Also I am on the way to an emergency eye appt, about an hour and a 1/2 ago I suddenly started having double vision out of my right eye. I called my Neurologist, who right now I am ready to wring his neck neck. I had an increase on one of my seizures meds a week, which gives me double vision. They never called me back which made me P.O., so I called the on call, which happened to be my Doctor (he's an idiot), he said I don't think its your meds, so call your eye doctor, because there is probably something wrong with your eye since its just one eye. So I did, and he's going to see me at 7:30 tonight.
He does sound like an idiot.

Anyway, 35 5" squares? Sounds like a very nice looking table runner for Fall or some placemats? That was great of them to do that.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by reeskylr View Post
He does sound like an idiot.

Anyway, 35 5" squares? Sounds like a very nice looking table runner for Fall or some placemats? That was great of them to do that.
Yeah I was thinking a table runner too. They are all fall colors with leaves and flowers. They didn't send two alike, except the material in another color, but all the colors go together and it would make a nice one.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:38 PM

Can you see how bad my typing is right now in some words? My eyes are still dialated, I practically have my face on the keyboard. We went out to dinner after my appt and I couldn't read a single word on the menu. My parents had to read it to me. HA HA!
Old 03-06-2012, 10:57 PM

Juli,

Find a new doctor.

And yep, those charm packs are like that, but they do have pretty colors that blend. I had one that I made myself one of those large pincushions attached to a catch all bag. They work pretty good for that too