Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm >

March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm

March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm

Old 03-08-2012, 08:38 PM

Keep us posted we will all be waiting to hear what he had! Lovely bowling bag! I miss bowling, can not do it anymore. All the packages have been nice so far this month. Keep up the early mailing. As you know the sooner we get this all wrapped up we can start on next months!
Old 03-08-2012, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
i saw an ad on craigslist for fabric for sale. the guy noted his wife was a seamtress and had over 2000 yards of fabric. he donated over 1200 yards to various organizations and is selling the rest for $.50/yard. now i am not a fabric collector nor do i have any room to store more fabric (really) but at this price i gotta go take a look. right???

oooh nice packages all. i am still stuck at the handmade stage. i have changed my mind so many times and still not sure what i am gonna make for my secret pals. i am just plum outta designing juices right now. no creativity sparks flying at all. arrgh.

okay this woman is selling fabric at $10/brown paper bag. yikes. all i wanted was a sewing machine. this is what i get for looking.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:09 PM

Package in the mail..should arrive by Friday. I hope she loves it!
Old 03-08-2012, 09:26 PM

I got mail from Gail- sweetwaterquilter- thanks so much, Gail. I hope I don't miss listing everything. (I really feel spoiled...two great packages from two great sps!) She sent 2 quilt books, an Evening Star pattern, embroidery thread, 2-year planner, emory board, kit for a tote bag with really pretty fabric, toys for Sassy that she has already hidden under something so I can't show you, 2 chocolate bars, werthers caramels, batik fabric, sewing edge strips, fabric book cover, chocolate chapstick, towel with shamrocks on it, to do list pad, mini organizer, and a set of handmade patriotic crisscross mugrugs (love them!). And a beautiful peacock card with a nice written note.

Thanks again, Gail. Anxious to get into that batik quilt book and I love it all!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	March 1.JPG
Views:	300
Size:	947.2 KB
ID:	318341   Click image for larger version

Name:	March 2.JPG
Views:	313
Size:	890.2 KB
ID:	318342  
Old 03-08-2012, 10:16 PM

LOVE the KITTY MOON quilt as I am A big CAT fAN . My avatar is my own sweet Burmese baby!! Funny thing is I dont' have any cat quilts... YET, I do have a kitty mug rug....Been busy with other quilting projects. WOULD LOVE to visit the SMOKIES someday... if only we ( gotta include the hubby) could win the lottery??? SP pkg. for MARCh is getting close to wrapping it up and send it on its way!!! YIPEE!!!!

Last edited by Jan Rutherford; 03-08-2012 at 10:19 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:17 PM

Since my Neuro here doesn't want to do anything, so I called the Doctor up in OHSU who IS doing something. I was having double vision today, last night I went to bed and wasn't able to fall asleep until around 7:00 this morning because my eyes hurt so bad, it was making me sick to my stomach and just couldn't sleep, and my head was just pounding. Got up at 5:45 to get a cold press on my eyes, plus my cat wanted out. I had double vision again today, haven't been on the computer because I have such a bad headache the light of the comp hurts my eyes.

Originally Posted by arizonagirl View Post
Hey every one I'm back. Feeling much better now. It seems like if it hasn't been one thing it's been another around here. We've also been dealing with my son's pressure sores since the beginning of the year. All but one has healed up. The last one is the worst. It is down to the bone and with a hole a little smaller than a quarter in size. We have an RN that come's in once a week to check on the wound and then I change the dressings the rest of the time. We just have to hope that He doesn't get an infection and everything will be ok.

Juli I hope you get everything worked out with your meds. I know how fustrating it can be when it seems like you get nowhere with your Dr.

Bonnie and Jan I hope you feel better soon.

Louise I'm glad you are doing better and are working again.

Lori cute quilt.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:50 AM

Very nice packages. Still no word from my sp. she received on Monday. Maybe she on vacation? off to work . have a great day!!
Old 03-09-2012, 03:49 AM
Swap Hosts

Rusty's Mama - glad you liked it. Of course, you are a much younger looking bowling granny than the one on your bag!

Havplenty - did you buy ALL that fabric? Wow!

Gail, what a nice package you sent!
Old 03-09-2012, 07:08 AM

Nice pkgs so far and HAV....very nice fabric!!!!!!
Old 03-09-2012, 07:18 AM

i just called this woman selling the fabric below and she was like come now. lol she is ready to rid herself of fabric today.

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
okay this woman is selling fabric at $10/brown paper bag. yikes. all i wanted was a sewing machine. this is what i get for looking.