Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-11-2012, 05:41 PM

Candace I love your stool! The colors are bright - right up my alley! I will remember your stool if I ever need to re-do my Pfaff's stool!

Miz Johnny, I only want to help you clear some of that clutter in the basement! I really am thinking of you -- blush, blush!

I came in the middle of something here, not sure what, but it makes me uncomfortable. I am thankful to Billy for starting this thread and I did really enjoy his posts. I have done some business with Billy on a small scale, parts, etc., and always got my part immediately - no hassels, no waiting. Just my two cents, but I'd rather this whole thread stopped - kinda makes it uncomfortable for most of us I am sure.

Nancy
Old 03-11-2012, 05:57 PM

Nancy, you're right. I'm sure you're not the only one uncomfortable with the recent posts, I think it's just something that's been coming to a head for awhile now. Now it's been said, and should be done with. We can take it to PMs....

Billy stopped coming into the shop about the time I argued with him about Needlebar. I'm fairly sure I'm a large part of the reason he didn't come onto this thread anymore, but I can't be sorry about it. Needlebar is a valuable resource, and just because Alan gave him the boot is no reason to deny the knowledge from there to those here.

I'm glad that your transactions with him were good ones...they seem to be an exception lately.

Nuff said on the subject....let's talk machines!! Have you used your Pfaff yet, for more than testing? How's Mowgli?
Old 03-11-2012, 07:03 PM

Has anyone used one of these on their rotary machines to FMQ with? Anyone have an extra?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rotary Attachments.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	319141  
Old 03-11-2012, 07:04 PM

I haven't used one Candace, but I've thought about buying one...I'll be interested to see the responses!
Old 03-11-2012, 07:09 PM

Who carries the attachment, Charlee? The only place I could find via the net is sold out:<
Old 03-11-2012, 07:12 PM

Oh crud! LOL!!! I thought you were talking about the hoop, and I was thinking of the "Halo" thing for moving the fabric. You're talking about the needle spring? Let me look...I think I might have an extra!
Old 03-11-2012, 07:16 PM

Candace,

Yup, I have an extra one. PM me. I haven't used one before.

Cathy

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Has anyone used one of these on their rotary machines to FMQ with? Anyone have an extra?

Last edited by Mizkaki; 03-11-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:25 PM

Whew! I shoulda known you'd have it Miz Cathy! I've been frantically digging thru boxes...I have two boxes, but only one spring!

Looking at this one box, it's called a "buttonhole and darning tool" The box is kind of fun, would guess that it's ca. 1940? The complete list of directions say that you can use it for:

Button Hole Maker
Darns Hose
Mends Tears, Rips, etc.
Sews on Zippers
Quilting
Sews on Buttons
Binding Work
Applique Work
Overcasts Seams

The price was $1.00, Satisfaction Guaranteed!
Old 03-11-2012, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post

I came in the middle of something here, not sure what, but it makes me uncomfortable. I am thankful to Billy for starting this thread and I did really enjoy his posts. I have done some business with Billy on a small scale, parts, etc., and always got my part immediately - no hassels, no waiting. Just my two cents, but I'd rather this whole thread stopped - kinda makes it uncomfortable for most of us I am sure.

Nancy
Please allow one more comment on Billy. I am one of the ladies that trusted Billy. There are quite a few of us. I want to say thank you to Charlee, Glenn, Vintage and the ones who have said that there are two sides and have given us the respect of allowing that we may be telling the truth. When all anyone knows about someone is what they write, we don't really know them at all. I do know that when 8 people say that it is hot outside, they are standing on the equator, the sun is shining brightly at 1 O'clock, and it is August, but only one person says it is freezing cold, I would believe the 8. Charlee, Chris and Vintage all said it much better than I could. I just want to say thank you because now we are not so alone. We are also believed. Thanks for allowing me to comment on this. I apologize for saying this after asking for it to be dropped. I won't say more on this thread.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
I want one of those too!!! I want to darn my hose with it!!! NOT! But I would like to see how one works and know more about it. I still want one to try. Anyone have one they want to sell to me, and also tell me just how they fit on and work?