Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Inspiration >

Inspiration

Inspiration

Old 03-27-2007, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by ButtercreamCakeArtist
I get inspiration from MAGAZINES MAGAZINES MAGAZINES! and books. I look at all the issues several times. Then, I put them up for a while when I get new ones. When I get them out a few months later, it's all almost like new again. The projects that I really liked still jump out at me, and I know I'll have to make it. (someday, I'm just getting started).
When I'm shopping for fabrics, the fabrics themselves talk to me. They say where they'd look good at or for whom. The only problem is there are so many of them talking, I never get to listen to just one! :D
I know, they all talk so loud, I want to take them all home just to make them hush :!:
Old 03-27-2007, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by vicki reno
Originally Posted by ButtercreamCakeArtist
I get inspiration from MAGAZINES MAGAZINES MAGAZINES! and books. I look at all the issues several times. Then, I put them up for a while when I get new ones. When I get them out a few months later, it's all almost like new again. The projects that I really liked still jump out at me, and I know I'll have to make it. (someday, I'm just getting started).
When I'm shopping for fabrics, the fabrics themselves talk to me. They say where they'd look good at or for whom. The only problem is there are so many of them talking, I never get to listen to just one! :D
I know, they all talk so loud, I want to take them all home just to make them hush :!:
Nah, I don't think they'd hush. ;) If you closed 'em up in a plastic container, I think you'd just hear mumbling when you walk by. When you open it, it would sound like a crowd cheering..."pick me, no me, me! ".... LOL
Old 03-27-2007, 01:03 PM

wow, I can so relate to that!!

I went to the quilt shop on Saturday with very limited funds so that I wouldn't buy much.

Came home and told my hubby that there were several fabrics there calling my name so, what did I do?

Went back on Sunday and spent $100!!!!

Maybe if I change my name........????
Old 03-27-2007, 01:07 PM

Oh yeah! I went to the quilt shop last week "just" to get some silver thread & big-eyed top-stitch needles....but I didn't do too bad - just got 2 yards of some great, funky not-pink-flamingo fabric! And when I brought it back to work & showed it to the non-quilters, their first question? "What are you going to make with it?" HAH! Like I would know THAT already!!

Fabric-o-holics Unite!! :thumbup:

sue
Old 03-27-2007, 02:21 PM

Y'all are too cool!
Old 03-28-2007, 11:47 AM

Yes, you got a lot of good replies.

Have you thought of taking vitamins to perk you up? Its good to relax, but maybe you need some nutritional perks?

Anyway, a great quilt takes time and patience. Whenever I feel "rushed" to make another quilt, I tell myself that Rome wasn't built in a day. Michelangelo didn't hurry to paint the Sistine Chapel.

I'm no Michelangelo, but I don't want to look back at my quilts and wonder why I didn't take my time? And I make more mistakes when I am trying to hurry.

When the time is right, you'll know exactly what pattern and what fabrics to use, and you'll really enjoy yourself making it!
Old 09-27-2007, 10:35 AM

I made my first quilt for my new grandson (1st grandchild). When his parents received it, they said it was too nice to put in the crib to soil. No proble. I put a sleeve on it so they could hang it on the wall.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:50 AM

When I'm stuck - usually because I have too many ideas and can't decide where to begin, I make a tiny quilt for AAQI (Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative). It is small, quick, a good cause, can be just the thing that jump starts the bigger projects.