Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm >

March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm

March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm

Old 03-15-2012, 12:51 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by onaemtnest View Post

TODAY'S CLUES FOR MY SP

Let's see...I'd better give some clues....She/he lives EAST of me...EAST of the Mississippi River....EAST of Illinois...West of the Atlantic ocean....SOUTH of Maine....NORTH of Tampa, FL There are 16 characters and spaces in her/his address...17 if you add a period. Oh I hope this doesn't give it away....she/he has experienced an unusually mild winter this year!
Yippeeee!!! It's me! I'm west of the Atlantic Ocean and also north of it by 2500 ft. (although sometimes, in bad weather, it can be on my doorstep) And 16 without the period if you don't spell out West in the address. I'll be waiting on the porch Onalee!

Sorry Fayzer. You're somewhere on the beach, but I'm somewhere by the sea!
Old 03-15-2012, 12:55 PM

krystyna thanks for the joanns coupon offer. i dont shop there often enough to garner a coupon from you and i am on their emailing list but havent gotten the latest email with coupons.

its good to know that someone else considers shopping a competitive sport. i do too. i like really nice things at the lowest price i can get them especially clothing. i would always buy designers such as anne klein, liz claiborne, ralph lauren when there were at 66-75% off and around the holidays the local department store would offer an additional 20-30% off the mark down prices. needless to say i was always buying out of season but i buy classics so they are always in season.

with fabric i do the same things. i search for the best prices, sales, end of bolt specials, etc. i try to get the best i can afford at the least price i can pay. i have recently gotten hooked on my lqs fabrics but i buy when they mark down bolts or remnants (which are ususally 1yd+). i use to coupon crazy on food when i was raising my children but not so much now. my eating habits have changed so much that i dont spend so much time looking for coupons but my local grocers have great sales so i buy on sale.

i have paid retail for very little of anything. my thoughts are that the items are not at their rightful price until they are marked down.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by fayzer View Post
Onalee, this sounds like me-eeeeee!
Hmmm Missy Faye????

Was I too generous with my clues or was I, or am I, the rabbit being chased by the sly fox circling the wrong hole? Watch for more clues tomorrow, tomorrow being tomorrow there when it's Mountain time today here, because you my special pal get to experience, tomorrow two hours before we do here.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Yippeeee!!! It's me! I'm west of the Atlantic Ocean and also north of it by 2500 ft. (although sometimes, in bad weather, it can be on my doorstep) And 16 without the period if you don't spell out West in the address. I'll be waiting on the porch Onalee!

Sorry Fayzer. You're somewhere on the beach, but I'm somewhere by the sea!
Oh Gosh Golly Gompers both you and Faye are just too smarty pants for me! But which one is it? Is you or is it Faye OR are you both foxes being out witted by the rabbit???? HMMMM?????
Old 03-15-2012, 01:04 PM

okay i have another question. i am doing some decluttering now. when i attend conferences i sometimes bring home with me some do-dads such as notebooks, pens, pencils, calculators, post its, clips, screen sweepers, etc. my question is: would any of you like/mind such items included in your packages?

i recently gave a hugh bag of stuff to one my doctor's office and they were in heaven. i though i had lightened my load until i just found some more stuff in a box and i would like to pass it along to others.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:05 PM
Banned

Today I made my FIRST trip ever to an Ikea store, OH MY GOODNESS that
store is AMAZING I found so many things that I wanted, but I was there to
pick up some storage file drawers that is the PERFECT height (for the drawers)
to put my embroidery thread in.

While I was out in that neck of town I stopped at the ONLY WalMart store that
I know of that still has fabric and found some really awesome fabrics. So one
of my sp's is going to be getting a LATE addition to their gift because I just HAD
to buy this fabric for them.

I can't wait for the hubs to get home today as I need him to carry up the drawer
cabinets (that is three flights of stairs) plus I also got a NEW desk chair that is
going into my sewing room and the current chair there is being moved into the
fabric room.

My sp's should have their boxes tomorrow (I hope).
Old 03-15-2012, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Quiltymom, I am now refreshed and revived after a good night's sleep and a strong cup of coffee. I am ready to go out to wait by the mailbox today. Sadly, I will be alone. Melissa is off to Joann's in search of pastels for the doll quilt swap.
So glade to hear your Refreshed!!!!!!! I got pastels yesterday hope she uses her 50% off coupon!!!
Old 03-15-2012, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
okay i have another question. i am doing some decluttering now. when i attend conferences i sometimes bring home with me some do-dads such as notebooks, pens, pencils, calculators, post its, clips, screen sweepers, etc. my question is: would any of you like/mind such items included in your packages?

i recently gave a hugh bag of stuff to one my doctor's office and they were in heaven. i though i had lightened my load until i just found some more stuff in a box and i would like to pass it along to others.

P.M.d you!
Old 03-15-2012, 01:34 PM

[QUOTE=onaemtnest;5062

NEVER!!!
Old 03-15-2012, 01:35 PM

I would as I am always sending stuff to my soldier in Afghanistan.

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post