Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm >

March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm

March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm

Old 03-16-2012, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl View Post
I have a smart phone and go to this website and take pictures of the coupons that I want for Joann's: http://dealspl.us/joann-coupons I also write down on a piece of paper the bar code# and the percent off and expiration date to hand to the clerk and offer to show them the coupons on my phone, but they never want to see them.
thanks robyn for the site. i will bookmark this site in my phone and next time i am in a joanns i will certainly make use of it. the item i was trying to use the coupon for wasnt rotary blades as they were already on sale. i had originally went to hobby lobby to buy the blades but they didnt carry 28mm so thats why i had the coupon up on my phone.

i am off to a little old lady's (80 yrs old) home to look at fabric she is selling for $.50/yard and notions. she said that her and mother use to do a lot of quilting but she has to move to a new location so is selling her stash. i hope i can find some goodies this time out. she sounds so sweet and was talking a mile a minute, stopping to ask me every few moments, "you know what i'm talking about". i didnt of course cause she was talking so fast but i didnt have the heart to tell her no i didnt understand a thing she said. i will figure it out once i get there.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:33 AM

It's beautiful!
Old 03-16-2012, 07:41 AM

Oh Phooey! Thought that packaage was coming to me. Lucky girl!
Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
I rec'd my SP pkg today from Onalee! WOW, was I overwhelmed and surprised! Onalee, I can't thank you enough, you truly outdid yourself, thank you so much!!!!
Isn't this an adorable pin cushion?!

Old 03-16-2012, 07:49 AM

Morning Peeps! How many of you remember when you could buy pastel colored chicks, ducklings and bunnies? I do and I always thought they were so cute. My Uncle Heron used to dye my aunt's white Persian cat every Easter. One time the garbage man knocked on the door and said "Tell me I'm not crazy and that I didn't just see a pink cat come out of your yard and cross the road." My uncle was such a hoot. Easter is just around the corner and made me think of him and his crazy antics.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:29 AM

Saw some great packages today. I recieved a fabulous package today, can't get pictures on yet. leiladylei54 sent the most wonderful package all the way from Honolulu, Hi. Some beautiful fabrics in my favorite colors, Hawaiian coffee, wonderful chocolate and a lot of it. The most beautiful hand made things. A pretty mug mat and some hot pads with applique. A darling needle case and two beautiful pin cushions. One of them is a small tea cup decorated with butterflies and the handle is a butterfly. The second one is a small mason jar, you can put pins in the jar and also have a pin cushion on top. Lots of notions, needle pullers, 1/4 inch quilters tape, a seam measure, bobbin box and glue stick. Also a wonderful pattern for a Hawaiian quilt pillow top. Fabulous package!
Old 03-16-2012, 09:37 AM
Banned

LOL I love the story about your Uncle dying the cat.

That sounds like something my hubs would try doing.
Of course I would have to beat him over the head, but
that is another story all together LOL.

Originally Posted by fayzer View Post
Morning Peeps! How many of you remember when you could buy pastel colored chicks, ducklings and bunnies? I do and I always thought they were so cute. My Uncle Heron used to dye my aunt's white Persian cat every Easter. One time the garbage man knocked on the door and said "Tell me I'm not crazy and that I didn't just see a pink cat come out of your yard and cross the road." My uncle was such a hoot. Easter is just around the corner and made me think of him and his crazy antics.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:55 AM
Swap Hosts

Terrific packages coming in.
Onalee, what a terrific chair pin cushion. You are too talented.
I waited by the mailbox today, but alas alack ... nothing too good.
Tomorrow's another day.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
I rec'd my SP pkg today from Onalee! WOW, was I overwhelmed and surprised! Onalee, I can't thank you enough, you truly outdid yourself, thank you so much!!!!
Isn't this an adorable pin cushion?!

I cannot believe I took your package to the post office here in Idaho Wednesday afternoon late....and it you in VA received it today in the MORNING! Less than two days .... Super Sonic transport for certain!!!!!

It was my pleasure to send all the goodies to you Teresa....Oh the cookie fabric retangle is the helping hand ... to help opening tight jar lids....do you see it now?

I'm so sorry to have led Kyrstyna and Fayzer down the wrong path with my clues yesterday....maybe next month? When I get YOUR names watch out!
Old 03-16-2012, 10:11 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by onaemtnest View Post
I'm so sorry to have led Kyrstyna and Fayzer down the wrong path with my clues yesterday....maybe next month? When I get YOUR names watch out!
Pssst! Fay! What do you make of this chicanery? It's one thing to give hints, but phony hints? Hmph!
Old 03-16-2012, 10:21 AM

[i sometimes bring home with me some do-dads such as notebooks, pens, pencils, calculators, post its, clips, screen sweepers, etc. my question is: would any of you like/mind such items included in your packages? ]
yes!

K~ and others JoAnn's must have different policies or stores in other areas must not train the same. At the JoAnn's here in Columbus I check out everything together full price and sale items; and the clerk does does all the coupons at one time. The register here takes the 40% off the top item (or items when more than one coupon) and the week that we had a 10% off total it did take the 10% off everything. I can double check that but I'm sure it was. I haven't asked if they honor other store's coupons though. JA, M &HL are all about 20-25 min. away so don't get there all the time. LQS is only 1 mile though. Well lunchtime is just about over will have to finish catching up tonight.