Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I'm about to do my good turn >

I'm about to do my good turn

I'm about to do my good turn

Old 03-15-2012, 03:05 PM

Very nice of you and I am sure they will appreciate your help! You know...yesterday afternoon I stopped at my brother's farm on my way home from school. (He is in a wheelchair due to a farming accident but with the help of retro-fitted buildings and equipment is able to continue farming and raising show pigs). Well, he was in a tizzy...construction workers were there finishing up the new (pig) nursery and he wanted to get pigs sorted and moved and another couple nurseries cleaned out and the high school student who works for him after school had not shown up. So I volunteered to go back over after Zumba and help him out. I figured I would already be smelly so why not go ahead and get smelllier?!! I did go over and help finish up (by then hs kid was there) and it actually made me feel good to be able to help him out. I know he appreciated it...and I was able to prove to him that I am still able to move pigs and clean barns just as I did back when we were growing up!
Old 03-15-2012, 06:03 PM
Power Poster

I'm glad it is you and not me.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by raynhamquilter View Post
Where is daughter? Why are they so far away? You could say no--and send them a donation for the school.
You sound like my mom, except she wouldn't send a donation either. :-(
Old 03-16-2012, 04:55 AM
Power Poster

What a true friend. As family we often feel obligated but to be family and friend all rolled into one is an awesome find! Don't let anyone ever tell you that you are less than the VERY best!
Old 03-16-2012, 05:27 AM
Power Poster

Isn't that what Mom's are for? It would have been nice to be asked first but kudos to you for stepping up anyways!
Old 03-16-2012, 06:35 AM

You are very gracious and I am sure your SIL and daughter will appreciate your help. I imagine the fundraiser will be more likely to succeed if there are some fresh, tantalizing cakes instead of the kind of deflated, lumpy efforts made by those who can't bake (I speak from experience here!) The good karma will no doubt find you and come back when you really need it. It says a lot that your family feels comfortable enough to volunteer you to help them out - they know you will have their back and you just can't put a price on that!
Old 03-16-2012, 10:51 AM
Fox

Good for you! It feels so good to be needed!
Old 03-16-2012, 12:27 PM

Very nice! Have fun!
Old 03-16-2012, 12:44 PM

It sounds like they need your company as much, or even more, than the donated cakes, etc. Sometimes donated money is not the solution. May blessings go with you as you touch the heart of your family.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:23 PM

Pam B-- aren't these people in chairs brilliant? I so admire my SIL He is just like a tube of toothpaste " a little squeeze & a new idea pops out" I did "jack up" on his idea last year that I come over & dig ( by hand ) about 30 post holes I thought I probably would "knock up " too quickly ( felt a heart attack coming on) LOL. He broke C7 in a pool just B4 he turned 16. One consolation is that I get to spend time with my adorable granddaughter ( 5 ). He had this great idea last year to help my daughter do jobs. She now ties him onto the ride on mower, puts it in gear & away he goes. $600 & a broken glass door later & he learned not to aim the out shute at the house LOL