Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm >

March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm

March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm

Old 03-16-2012, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl View Post
I want to try painting some of these. I have a couple of pots in the garage I can use if I can ever get to them.
I don't know if you plan to try to put plants in them after you make them, if so it is important to seal them or the water, soil and mineral will seep through the clay and destroy the designs.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:58 PM

Received a wonderful swap from Starshine. She sent me Day of the Dead fabric for my collection, some black and white fabric that had skulls and white tigers that is really cool, a handmade St. Patricks Day pin cushion, green pencil, some lucky gold Irish coins which I will have in my pocket for tommorows guild meeting, some sugar free chocolate. Thank you so much for a wonderful swap pkg!
Old 03-16-2012, 05:14 PM

Wow look what my Secret Pal Skaduzy sent me................I'm in shock with all the goodies she sent.........6 inch strips of batiks.........a cat kit.........sewing machine needles .......note pads........a Happy Sewing bag............book on CD.........different yummy loose teas..........fat quarters............marking pencil.....gum.........patterns ....magazine......thread.......and purple fuzzy socks......

Must be because it's almost St. Patrick's day.......Luck of the Irish even if I'm not Irish
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1283.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	320388  
Old 03-16-2012, 06:03 PM

Glad you like it, Sandy. I had fun making it up. The book is good. I got it from another sp a few months ago.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:29 PM

WOWZA!!! Rec'd my sp pkg. today from SKADUZY and it was a box wrapped three times and JAMMED... I mean jammed with 23 wonderful goodies. MY oh MY.... So many fun and very useful goodies!! I am afraid something will be missed if I try to depend on my memory ,to list everyting... took digital photos so they will be posted tomorrow. Myh hubbys promised to help me learn how to post sucessfully... Last omnth I tried and opps... didn't work. THANK YOU SO very much...made my day for sure SUE! SO many cool pkg.s being posted. Such generous folks out there .:-)
Old 03-16-2012, 06:34 PM

Default Thanks to Sunflower Girl

Thank you so much Sunflower Girl for the nice package full of goodies! I really appreciate it!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	March secret pal.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	320428  
Old 03-16-2012, 06:48 PM

Robyn Guess what?
I went and bought some flower pots and paint, got a great deal at Hobby Lobby...
Old 03-16-2012, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by fayzer View Post
Morning Peeps! How many of you remember when you could buy pastel colored chicks, ducklings and bunnies? I do and I always thought they were so cute. My Uncle Heron used to dye my aunt's white Persian cat every Easter. One time the garbage man knocked on the door and said "Tell me I'm not crazy and that I didn't just see a pink cat come out of your yard and cross the road." My uncle was such a hoot. Easter is just around the corner and made me think of him and his crazy antics.
Hearing this reminds me of when I was 4 years old in Germany. I had gotten up in the middle of the night and the blue food color was left out where I could get to it. The next morning my parents were shocked to see our German Shepard dyed blue for Easter.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Vicki W View Post
I don't know if you plan to try to put plants in them after you make them, if so it is important to seal them or the water, soil and mineral will seep through the clay and destroy the designs.
Vicki thanks for the tip. I don't know if I would have thought about that when I reached that point or not.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by catpawski View Post
Wow look what my Secret Pal Skaduzy sent me................I'm in shock with all the goodies she sent.........6 inch strips of batiks.........a cat kit.........sewing machine needles .......note pads........a Happy Sewing bag............book on CD.........different yummy loose teas..........fat quarters............marking pencil.....gum.........patterns ....magazine......thread.......and purple fuzzy socks......

Must be because it's almost St. Patrick's day.......Luck of the Irish even if I'm not Irish
Oh I really like the FQ's. I love Batiks.