Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm >

March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm

March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm

Old 03-16-2012, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by wanda lou View Post
Robyn Guess what?
I went and bought some flower pots and paint, got a great deal at Hobby Lobby...
I can't wait to see yours.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:39 PM

There have been so many great packages this month. I love both of the chair pincushions. One of these days I am going to get around to making one.

On a more positive note. I went back to my pain management Dr's office today for the 2nd time this week and saw a different Dr who agreed that I need to have an increase in my pain meds until the Crohn's is under control. He also gave me an injection of Toriadol to help with the pain today as I was in great pain when I got there. It helped a lot. I was able to get down on the kitchen floor and sandwich the baby quilt for the baby shower next weekend and have been pinning for several hours. I know that I have over done it today, but it was nice to be able to do something. I'm hoping tomorrow to be able to pin pattern pieces for 2 baby dresses and cut the out as well. Then I will quilt the baby quilt and try and get the dresses done in time for the shower.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:16 PM

well Hav you didn't get fabric, or kidnap the sweet elder lady, but it sounds like you might have gotten a new friend. My mom had cataract surgery at 80 and now sees great. Well think about making her memory quilt, if you do I'm sure you will have the new found friend, and probably for a long time.

Yes K~I think I have a jewel of a JA, and it is the staff that makes or breaks a place.

Nice packages arriving. I'm waiting too. I think it was Melissa wanting the glittery stuff like a gold glitter monkey not Krystyna. But if Hav gets a sweet old lady she'll probably want one of those too. (poor Krystyna you're probably getting so much glitter next month they'll see your house from the space station).

Hoppa glad you got the package ok, hope you feeling better and have a good time at the guild meeting. Luck of the Irish to ye!

Last edited by starshine; 03-16-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl View Post
.... a different Dr who agreed that I need to have an increase in my pain meds until the Crohn's is under control. He also gave me an injection of Toriadol to help with the pain today as I was in great pain when I got there.....
robyn have you ever considered (or tried) adding accupuncture to assist with your meds in controlling your pain? there was a segment regarding chronic pain on npr this week and the stiff drugs being used to control pain and the sometimes drug dependence and body desensitivity that results from taking them.

the last few weeks i have been experiencing some pain issues (potentially chronic) that required strong pain meds. i surely hope i will not end up in a chronic pain management situation so i feel empathy for any who are experiencing it. i have such a hypersensitivity to strong drugs that i am having to explore alternative strategies. accupuncture is one of them.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:28 PM

Default March Secret Pal

Thank you Grandma peg for the 2 lovely panels, the yard of St. Pat's fabric and the quilting novel. Those Reeces Pieces disappeared too quickly.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	3-12'12_0029.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	331.6 KB
ID:	320447  
Old 03-16-2012, 08:54 PM

Such wonderfull packages arriving! More to come from what I see....
Old 03-16-2012, 10:03 PM

beautiful Christmas panels!!
Old 03-17-2012, 02:04 AM

some great packages coming in.Love them all.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl View Post
Vicki thanks for the tip. I don't know if I would have thought about that when I reached that point or not.
I have painted pots with kiddies over the years at several functions therefore I know by experience. It is disappointing if they don't hold up when your child has made them or in this case if you have spent a lot of time working a on project.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by Vicki W View Post
I have painted pots with kiddies over the years at several functions therefore I know by experience. It is disappointing if they don't hold up when your child has made them or in this case if you have spent a lot of time working a on project.
Use FAKE plants