Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
More stolen quilts! >

More stolen quilts!

More stolen quilts!

Old 03-18-2012, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
A microchip won't help unless the item is scanned with a reader. Very unlikely unless the police find it and know the stolen item has the chip and then very few police dept have readers anyway. I have learned by pass experience having my car window broken out at motels to park right in front of the lobby. If I have to wait for a spot I will. I never park in the back or at the end. Anything left in the car goes in the trunk. I bought a battery door alarm that is easy to put in the trunk when I leave anything in there. It's loud! I bought it from one of the gadget catalogs a few years ago.
I don't trust not having a low life somewhere close by where ever I am. It has cost me too much money and heartache to know that low lifes are everywhere. Even in my own driveway.
Bellaboo, can you share the name of the gadget and where you purchased it, please? And thank you.
Thanks jaciqltznok, for posting this. We all need to be on the lookout and diligent with our quilts.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:50 AM

My husband and I have traveled extensively throughout the US and had only one problem in Lexington, KY where thieves smashed our side window on our truck only to find absolutely nothing. We don't leave anything in our vehicle at a hotel no matter how much of a pain it is to load and unload. Thieves will try anything and take everything they can.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:06 AM

so sorry to hear that. what part of missouri are you from?
Old 03-18-2012, 10:26 AM

I think we envision the invaders to be young and wild. But in cases like these, you might be surprised at who the thieves really are. Just crazy world out there. I feel so bad for her, the feeling of violation isn't fun to deal with.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:27 AM

Sure need the pics so we can watch out for them. We will catch them if they try to sell them.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:22 AM

Last year my friend had her quilt stolen out of her car in her driveway! Some of you may remember me posting this. She was lucky & they returned hers in her clean garbage can. It was ok. This was in Norht Carolina. Spring knows about this one.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:23 AM

Hope they are as fortunatewith theirs. Good Luck!!!!
Old 03-18-2012, 11:24 AM
Fabriclovr

Excuse me for asking this question, but I just don't get it... why would anyone what to steal a quilt from someones car? What are they going to do with it?

Old 03-18-2012, 11:39 AM

When I am going to a retreat/class or anywhere I take my quilting, i put as much as possible in rolling cases or bags and take it all inside with me, we live in a very rural area and have been experiencing a lot of break-ins, not just in cars, but into our homes, the people have lots every type item imaginable, from sewing machines to clothes to quilts to guns to TV's, jewlery, you name it they take it, it can be sold at yard sales or swap meets or even on craigs list, according to our local sherriff, it just to difficult to monitor every thing that is sold, I understand that, so it is up to us to be vigilant, we must be very cautious, be sure to lock all doors and put everything out of site, and watch out when we make a purchase that we know qho we are buying from so we are not the recipient of stolen property. Be sure to take a picture of everything, then post it so we can all be on the lookout for stolen items.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:40 AM
Power Poster

They stole Karen Comb's suitcase. They couldn't see what was in it until alfter they stole it. It was full of teaching supplies and the quilts. The police told her it looked like a Professional thief.