Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Dear Jane Christmas Block Swap - Closed >

Dear Jane Christmas Block Swap - Closed

Dear Jane Christmas Block Swap - Closed

Old 08-31-2009, 01:11 PM

Great block Klue, gorgeous fabric!
Old 08-31-2009, 04:08 PM
Power Poster

Everyones Blocks are looking wonderful :lol: GREAT JOB by all !
Old 08-31-2009, 04:30 PM
Power Poster

Very pretty block Klue!
Old 08-31-2009, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
Everyones Blocks are looking wonderful :lol: GREAT JOB by all !
I agree!!! :D
Old 08-31-2009, 04:31 PM

Klue,
Your block is so perfect. And, I love your fabric choices.
Can't wait to get one of them.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
Originally Posted by MissMermaid
well, i must say, i've been following the thread, planning on doing the sew-along in january...and now im itching to get started!

i have other things i have to take care of first...like packing and moving to school next week...

good luck moving back to school. i hope you'll have time to join in - i know how depending university can be
thanks Klue! hopefully 2nd semester will be a good time for me to do this *fingers crossed* 1st semester will be crazy, 18 credits (over 6 classes), 2 jobs, honors program and engineering community...

2nd semester however, is again 18 credits, but only 4 classes and probably only 1 job...still have honors/engineering but thats mostly study group type stuff, so it doubles as homework time, thank god.
i know how crazy it can be, we just moved our cousin back to school today.

the entire time we were there i kept whining to DH how i how i miss school and i want to go back and get another degree.

this is the first time in my entire life (well since i was a 5 year old) that i'm not in any classes - it feels so weird - did i mention i'm in my 40s.

this is the main reason why i felt this year was the year to make a Jane quilt, i don't know if i'll ever have this kind of spare time again.

i'm thinking about going to FIT in NYC to study textile arts next year.

If you can afford to go back to school, DO IT!

when i was debating between follow my true passion (making stuff, get a liberal arts "fake" degree *** and be a starving artisan forever, since hey, the boy is going to be a doctor, it'll be fine) or what im absolutely good at (applied math // engineering--what i opted for) i was looking at FIT, but i opted for a polytechnic uni, so i ended up applying at RPI in Troy, NY for my out of state option (got in, but couldnt afford it, going to state school in WI)

but yes. point of my comment. do it. absolutely.

***i come from a family of laywers, doctors, teachers and engineers--a liberal arts degree would NOT have flown with them. they consider it fluff.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:33 AM
Banned

well, i must say, i've been following the thread, planning on doing the sew-along in january...and now im itching to get started!

i have other things i have to take care of first...like packing and moving to school next week...

good luck moving back to school. i hope you'll have time to join in - i know how depending university can be
thanks Klue! hopefully 2nd semester will be a good time for me to do this *fingers crossed* 1st semester will be crazy, 18 credits (over 6 classes), 2 jobs, honors program and engineering community...

2nd semester however, is again 18 credits, but only 4 classes and probably only 1 job...still have honors/engineering but thats mostly study group type stuff, so it doubles as homework time, thank god.
i know how crazy it can be, we just moved our cousin back to school today.

the entire time we were there i kept whining to DH how i how i miss school and i want to go back and get another degree.

this is the first time in my entire life (well since i was a 5 year old) that i'm not in any classes - it feels so weird - did i mention i'm in my 40s.

this is the main reason why i felt this year was the year to make a Jane quilt, i don't know if i'll ever have this kind of spare time again.

i'm thinking about going to FIT in NYC to study textile arts next year.

If you can afford to go back to school, DO IT!

when i was debating between follow my true passion (making stuff, get a liberal arts "fake" degree *** and be a starving artisan forever, since hey, the boy is going to be a doctor, it'll be fine) or what im absolutely good at (applied math // engineering--what i opted for) i was looking at FIT, but i opted for a polytechnic uni, so i ended up applying at RPI in Troy, NY for my out of state option (got in, but couldnt afford it, going to state school in WI)

but yes. point of my comment. do it. absolutely.

***i come from a family of laywers, doctors, teachers and engineers--a liberal arts degree would NOT have flown with them. they consider it fluff.
that sounds like me, my first time thru college i did an MBA. then i went back to the beginning and studied science and last year i finished my PhD in Molecular Microbiology.

i love the field i'm in now, HIV Research, but i want to take some textile courses for fun.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:39 PM

I sure am glad you last posters love quilting or else you would be way out of my league. :lol: You all are very talented individuals, congrats to all.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:03 PM
Banned

ok, i just couldn't control myself. i've been a very naughty girl. i needed a little pick me up today - so i made an American Jane Block.

its an easy one - i wanted to make sure the indigo print would work next to another print.

do you like it?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-10671.jpe
Views:	34
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	10671  
Old 09-01-2009, 04:10 PM

I love it, I may have second thoughts about the black vs. indigo