Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Have you ever bought your own anniversary gift?? >

Have you ever bought your own anniversary gift??

Have you ever bought your own anniversary gift??

Old 03-21-2012, 05:28 PM
Power Poster

My husband loves shopping and puts a great deal of thought, time and effort into gifts for me and the rest of the family. He starts his Christmas/Birthday/Anniversary shopping in January and squirrels stuff everywhere. From what the rest of you have shared...I think my fella is a little unusual. So No, I don't buy gifts for myself. If I want something in particular, I put a little aside each week and then buy it.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
Everyday is a special day when He is with you. Wear that cross Every day! Why wait? Sandy
Sandy, I do wear a cross every day. I also agree with your first sentence. DH got it for me, with prompting, our first Christmas as a married couple. That's my everyday, mostly all the time, cross to wear. I just save the other one for special occasions because it's heavy and have already gone through 2 necklaces and it's just now 5 yrs old.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:33 PM
Banned

never, which is probably why I never get anything..ehehhe
Old 03-21-2012, 07:05 PM

Funny you should ask. Saturday is my anniversary & lovely squishy packages of FABRIC have been arriving this week to help me commemorate it. YES! My DH & I buy ALL our own gifts. I don't know what he wants/needs for his various hobbies & visa versa. My thought is, if you're gonna spend the $$$, you might as well get what you want.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:11 PM

I have bought it and wrapped it and gave it to him to give to me.
And I was very happy. and so was he! cuz he didn't have to try to guess what I wanted or go shopping.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
Sandy, I do wear a cross every day. I also agree with your first sentence. DH got it for me, with prompting, our first Christmas as a married couple. That's my everyday, mostly all the time, cross to wear. I just save the other one for special occasions because it's heavy and have already gone through 2 necklaces and it's just now 5 yrs old.
Great! Thanks for clarifying.
Sandy
Old 03-22-2012, 07:26 AM

I do all the time, been doing it for 44 years, lol.....it still works for me. Go for it. Treat yourself, I'm sure you deserve it!!!!
Old 03-22-2012, 10:07 AM

All the time. I'm really into tools, gadgets, etc. All my poor hubby (now deceased) knew to buy was flowers, perfune, errings, etc. Loved him a bunch tho. And if I ever wanted clothes in order for them to fit I had to actually go try them on. I put them in a package, wrapped, bow and he was surprised.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:17 AM

I have for many years bought my own birthday, Christmas & Mother's Day gifts. If I didn't, I wouldn't have anything except what my kids gave me. I started doing this after sitting through a Christmas morning everyone opening present after present, that I had bought & wrapped while I had one little present. I decided that was enough of that! So while shopping for everyone else, if I saw something that I liked & knew I would use, I got it & wrapped for me from "Santa"! Don't feel guilty one bit! I do everything for the holidays & feel I earned what I got! Plus it always makes me smile when I use it!
Old 03-22-2012, 12:58 PM

If I want any kind of present from my husband, I have to buy it myself and even pay for it. The kids think he always buys me the best gifts, if they only knew what I did.