Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Funky Halloween Swap ^^._.^^ Sign Ups close June 30, 2012 >

Funky Halloween Swap ^^._.^^ Sign Ups close June 30, 2012

Funky Halloween Swap ^^._.^^ Sign Ups close June 30, 2012

Old 03-20-2012, 04:17 AM

Gathering fabric for the project at the moment. No Halloween fabric in my stash. Will post pics soon as I have something to show and tell.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:11 PM

Rachel, I pm'ed you with my info. I'm in!
Old 03-21-2012, 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by Jenniky View Post
Gathering fabric for the project at the moment. No Halloween fabric in my stash. Will post pics soon as I have something to show and tell.
Can't wait to see your blocks!! Some of my blocks have no Halloween fabric too!! So no worries on that at all.

Originally Posted by dove911 View Post
Rachel, I pm'ed you with my info. I'm in!
Sent you info! Glad to have you with us!!

Rachel
Old 03-22-2012, 06:21 AM

Default Ready for production :)

Well I really had to put my thinking cap on for this one. I wasn't happy with any of the free Halloween PP patterns I was able to find in the 6 X 6 quilt squares I decided I would have to make my own. So four days later and 3 lost EBAY bids on Halloween fabric later. The fruits of my labor have produced 3 patterns. I call them ... Silly Monster, Batty David, and Patronizing Pumpkin. I will be making six of each of these to send in for my three sets. The borders I wanted to be a Halloween print but I have made do with fabrics I had. Hope you all like them.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Halloweenset.jpg
Views:	606
Size:	212.0 KB
ID:	321642   Click image for larger version

Name:	sillymonster.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	193.1 KB
ID:	321643   Click image for larger version

Name:	Davidsbatty.jpg
Views:	571
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	321644   Click image for larger version

Name:	pumpkin.jpg
Views:	576
Size:	175.1 KB
ID:	321645  
Old 03-22-2012, 06:58 AM

Well I really had to put my thinking cap on for this one. I wasn't happy with any of the free Halloween PP patterns I was able to find in the 6 X 6 quilt squares I decided I would have to make my own. So four days later and 3 lost EBAY bids on Halloween fabric later. The fruits of my labor have produced 3 patterns. I call them ... Silly Monster, Batty David, and Patronizing Pumpkin. I will be making six of each of these to send in for my three sets. The borders I wanted to be a Halloween print but I have made do with fabrics I had. Hope you all like them.
Those are so great!! I think they look perfect with the fabrics you used. I found the free PP patterns to be less than desirable too, I wish I had your talent for making my own!! Can't wait to see them in person!!

Rachel
Old 03-22-2012, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by athenagwis View Post
Those are so great!! I think they look perfect with the fabrics you used. I found the free PP patterns to be less than desirable too, I wish I had your talent for making my own!! Can't wait to see them in person!!

Rachel

Thanks Rachel. Have a great day
Old 03-22-2012, 09:33 AM

Jenniky they look fabulous! I also wasn't pleased with the paper pieced blocks online and have been drafting my own. So glad to hear that I am not alone.

I will post pics this weekend. Guess that means I actually have to make one by then. He he.
Happy haunting!

Rachel, thanks for doing this. It's like Halloween all year. Love it!
Old 03-22-2012, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Fraew View Post
Jenniky they look fabulous! I also wasn't pleased with the paper pieced blocks online and have been drafting my own. So glad to hear that I am not alone.

I will post pics this weekend. Guess that means I actually have to make one by then. He he.
Happy haunting!

Rachel, thanks for doing this. It's like Halloween all year. Love it!

Well the fun is ongoing here in Indiana, All my critics came out of there corners (My loving family) and decided my pumpkin didnt have enough personality. So spent today working on giving pumpkins personality. Here is my revised pumpkins Oh and yes I've been told the next four I make have to have there own personalities also.. lol. My grandson said to make one with crazy eyes so I'm studying his ideas of crazy eyes.. rotfl .. So Fraew I will look forward to see what springs up off your drafting table. Have an Awesome day everyone.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pumpkinrevised.jpg
Views:	589
Size:	221.3 KB
ID:	321702  
Old 03-22-2012, 04:00 PM

Jenniky these are sew cute! I love what you have done. You'll have to sell your paper-piece patterns or share. Too adorable.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:10 PM

Well the fun is ongoing here in Indiana, All my critics came out of there corners (My loving family) and decided my pumpkin didnt have enough personality. So spent today working on giving pumpkins personality. Here is my revised pumpkins Oh and yes I've been told the next four I make have to have there own personalities also.. lol. My grandson said to make one with crazy eyes so I'm studying his ideas of crazy eyes.. rotfl .. So Fraew I will look forward to see what springs up off your drafting table. Have an Awesome day everyone.
How funny!! i do love the new and improved personalities!! Can't wait to see them all!! LOL

Rachel