Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
changing emails >

changing emails

changing emails

Old 03-22-2012, 04:59 AM

Default changing emails

Sorry if this has been answered before but I did a search for 1/2 hour and couldn't find anything.
I am changing my email from yahoo to gmail

I went to the settings here and changed the address and am getting the new posts from the threads in my gmail

but

I am still getting the digest and newsletter in my old one. I can't find a way to change it.

Any suggestions
Old 03-23-2012, 04:37 AM

Try going to the newsletter email in yahoo. The email contains info. on changing your email address and how to unsubscribe. Maybe that will work.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:54 AM

Send an email to
[email protected]
and she will help you.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:39 PM

Hello Subscriber
On this page, you can update your e-mail address, change the frequency of the newsletter, change your display name or completely unsubscribe.
[HR][/HR]Change Your Subscription Frequency You are currently signed up for the QuiltingBoard.com message board digests. You can control the frequency of QuiltingBoard.com message board digests by entering your email address, selecting your subscription frequency and submitting.
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]Email Address:
[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 2"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 3"]Change Your Subscription Frequency
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Daily
[/TD]
[TD]Every Other Day
[/TD]
[TD]Once Per Week
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="colspan: 2, align: right"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[HR][/HR]Change Your Display Name You are currently signed up for the QuiltingBoard.com message board digests. You can change the display name used in your personalized email messages by entering your email address and selecting a new display name.
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]First Name:
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Email Address:
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[HR][/HR]Unsubscribe From This List You are currently signed up for the QuiltingBoard.com message board digests. You can remove your subscription by entering your email address and submit.
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]Email Address:
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
This is where it takes me. Will email Patrice. I see everything but changing email addy but I may be reading it wrong.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:14 PM

Default emails

Originally Posted by damaquilts View Post
Hello Subscriber
On this page, you can update your e-mail address, change the frequency of the newsletter, change your display name or completely unsubscribe.
[HR][/HR]Change Your Subscription Frequency You are currently signed up for the QuiltingBoard.com message board digests. You can control the frequency of QuiltingBoard.com message board digests by entering your email address, selecting your subscription frequency and submitting.
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]Email Address:[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 3"]Change Your Subscription Frequency[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Daily[/TD]
[TD]Every Other Day[/TD]
[TD]Once Per Week[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[HR][/HR]Change Your Display Name You are currently signed up for the QuiltingBoard.com message board digests. You can change the display name used in your personalized email messages by entering your email address and selecting a new display name.
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]First Name:[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[HR][/HR]Unsubscribe From This List You are currently signed up for the QuiltingBoard.com message board digests. You can remove your subscription by entering your email address and submit.
[TABLE]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
This is where it takes me. Will email Patrice. I see everything but changing email addy but I may be reading it wrong.
you can re-register under a new email and username. add a number to your old username so people recognize you and also announce it. when you see that all is going smoothly with your new name and address, just unsubscribe your old info from the board. it should allow you to start fresh.

do you keep a separate email address for hobby stuff (quilting, sewing, crafting, etc.?) if you don't, you might consider it for safety. i always had two email address, one being hotmail. the hotmail was hacked. shortly after it happened, there was a big writeup in the NY Times about hotmail being hacked often. i was really glad i didn't have any home info on that address. now i have gmail, with all different contacts than my 'real' address and my own name as a contact. if it gets hacked (not likely with mac) i'll know immediately on my real email address.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by butterflywing View Post
you can re-register under a new email and username. add a number to your old username so people recognize you and also announce it. when you see that all is going smoothly with your new name and address, just unsubscribe your old info from the board. it should allow you to start fresh.

do you keep a separate email address for hobby stuff (quilting, sewing, crafting, etc.?) if you don't, you might consider it for safety. i always had two email address, one being hotmail. the hotmail was hacked. shortly after it happened, there was a big writeup in the NY Times about hotmail being hacked often. i was really glad i didn't have any home info on that address. now i have gmail, with all different contacts than my 'real' address and my own name as a contact. if it gets hacked (not likely with mac) i'll know immediately on my real email address.
Oh that is what I was afraid of. Oh well. Maybe I will just leave it at the yahoo. and go back and forth. I wanted to change everything over because yahoo AGAIN deleted All my emails. yes after a few days and writing them I got them back but still its a pain.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:13 AM

I contacted Patrice and she sent it to the computer guru and they changed it for me
Old 03-24-2012, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Grandma Kathy View Post
I contacted Patrice and she sent it to the computer guru and they changed it for me
Ahh! Thanks.