Kindle

Old 03-24-2012, 08:38 PM

Just had to add, I've had my Kindle over 3 years, have over 350 books, LOVE IT!! Dropped it on tile and killed it, almost cried!! Just bought the Fire and still trying to work out all the kinks. I've been a reader since day one. Mom used to find me in the Book Section whereever we were.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:27 AM

I have the original. I absolutely love it! Love the b/w screen, but I don't need the social media on mine either. I love being able to carry so many books with me, without carrying the actual books. I thought I would miss the "turning of the actual pages", but now, even when I look at a magazine, I find my thumb looking for the next page button! I love being able to search, make notes, etc. It is great for looking up Bible references!
Old 03-25-2012, 03:39 AM

I have the kindle 2 and love it. I also have the kindle app on my galaxy tablet. I have found i like reading on my kindle 2 better. Less eye strain. Plus, I can read on my kindle 2 outside better then my tablet. I have hundreds of books loaded on the kindle. All but maybe five were free. You are going to love the kindle. Good luck.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:07 AM

I have the kindle app on my ipod touch and love it, have had it for about 3 yrs now.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:09 AM

I have a 2nd generation w keypad and 3G and just bought a Kindle Fire. I love them both as the 3G lets me download books anywhere and the Fire is color and has internet capabilities and I can do FB and check email. But with the Fire you have to have a WiFi connection to do that but. you don't with the 3G. Love,Love Love my Kindle!
Old 03-25-2012, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by usafchick1980 View Post
I have the nook tablet. But either way what I am going to say is useful. There are so many free books you can get. And if you do get one check with your local library some libraries have it that you can borrow books. They just became available through my local library in December.

I have had my Kindle 3 for about 3 weeks and get get enough. Pixel of Ink and also, E Reader News offere free books every day. Course all you have to do is go to Amazon and find the freebies for Kindles. I'm an avid reader, I read when I'm out side (yes, smoking) and also take it to work with me. I really SHOULDN'T have spent the money, but in the long run, it is going to pay for itself. I don't know how to do much on it yet, except download books and read. That is what I got it for.,..... LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT...
Old 03-25-2012, 05:06 AM
FLQ

I have Kindle free app on my IPad (first one) and I wouldn't be without it. My dh has midrange Kindle device and loves it! I just downloaded some of the GK Chesterton books for FREE from Amazon. What a deal! There are many books at no or low cost so you can recoup the expense of buying a device. Happy reading!
Old 03-25-2012, 05:12 AM

My husband and I both have one and love them. Easy to use, easy to read, easy to get more books. Go for it!
Old 03-25-2012, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
I, who a while back stated I would not, am now considering purchasing a Kindle...Not the most expensive one, but then again, who knows...I may eat those words too. So, anyway, those who have them, please tell me the pros and cons before I make that decision....so I know what to expect or not.......I am primarily interested in the reading of books part......am not really one who needs social media w/me at all times..........
I have the Kindle Fire and LOVE it! You will however, need to get a wifi box which you can get almost anywhere and they are not expensive.
That would be the only way you can get on line at home. Most hotels have wi-fi for free. My Kindle Fire did not come with a book, but you can download free books, games and apps from Amazon. Tons of them!!!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2012, 05:52 AM

I got myself the Kindle Touch 3G and Wifi and love love it................... Pixel Ink is a wonderful source for free books. I have had mine since Nov and have read 28 books and have another 109 in my Kindle to read at my leasure. I some times wish I would have gotten the Fire. But it being new I figured that it would have a few bugs and thought that I would wait and see for next year. I got the Kindle with the Ads and they are not a problem, do not come up when you are reading never. As for Amazon I have had nothing but good experiences with them, customer service is great. I also have used the live chat type customer service and that was great. They helped me all lot. I made my own case for it and found a small clip on light at the dollar store that is light weight and works just great. My 96 year old mother got herself a Kindle Fire her eye sight isn't that good and has trouble reading on the compurter screen but for some reason she can read on the Fire. She is't to computer hip so Amazon helped me to set it up so that she tells me what she wants and I order it for her on line and have it sent to her Kindle. She lives in Florida and I in Michigan.

I have gone to Barns and Noble and found a couple of free books there that Amazon doesn't have and I downloaded them to my computer. On the internet is a site that will change the format from Nook to Kindle it is free.

So all in all I guess you could say that I really like my Kindle, the only thing I miss it the smell of a new book maybe someone could come up with an Air freshener? LOL

Oh yeah they do have some games that play nice on the regular Kindles I have a few. Battery chargeing isn't as much as my cell phone.