Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
transfer addiction....and fabric organization. >

transfer addiction....and fabric organization.

transfer addiction....and fabric organization.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:27 AM

You Go Girl!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work on all fronts. Can't help you on the fabric shopping, I have no will power when it comes to fabric, although the higher prices have slowed me down. Hope hubby is doing well after his surgery, and will soon be able to help with the organization. Rah, Rah, Rah (3 cheers for you) sharon
Old 04-01-2012, 12:14 PM

You go girl!!!!!! I have a SIL who had your surgery, but she didn't follow thru with what her Dr. told. You have the right to crow out loud. Good Luck and all good blessings for you
Old 04-01-2012, 12:45 PM

Congrats on your change of life habits. Now if I could only do the same! I need to lose 50#. I, too, find that when I am quilting, I don't snack.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by JabezRose View Post
twoxovr, I can see the half hour infomercial on this already, you will be in some very tastefully quilted leotards with your husband wearing matching ones. Will open with both of you standing behind a couple of Featherweights, smiling, healthy and happy with piles of material behind you. THen you will start "organizing" the stash, wrapping it and setting out neatly in the cupboards. Yep, sounds like a diet and exercise program I could get into. All to the tunes of the 60's and 70's or maybe some old time gospel tunes. And congratulations on your success.
oh my, you just made me laugh! too funny!
Old 04-01-2012, 12:53 PM

amyjo--if there is ANYTHING i can do to help you, please let me know! you should never take on any surgery without thoroughly investigating it. I'm more than happy to share my experience (so far) with you. just send me an email!

betsey
Old 04-01-2012, 12:54 PM

Awesome. 71 pounds, that is very impressive. And I understand your unorganization. I have fabric all over my room. I must take some time and just do it. You are an inspiration. Tell your husband we wish him a speedy recovery, too.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by ShirlinAZ View Post
Congratulations on your loss! And on the gain of energy! I'm still trying the hard way. You may find that show cubbies are the solution for your fat quarters - a lot of quilters use them. Now get busy SEWING!
shirley-

with all due respect (and smiles and hugs!) doing weight loss surgery is not the easy way. it's a lifetime committment of having to change your eating habits for the rest of your life and giving up some things you may not really want too.

i still mourn diet coke.....

betsey
Old 04-01-2012, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
oh my gosh.....Guess what...I too am banded! Since Sept '09!
Good for you.....it is not an easy journey...it is a very hard lifestyle to maintain, but it is SOOOOOO worth it!

WELCOME HOME!
Jacquie! how cool!!!! am so glad you shared that with us!! and yes, i got the organizer thing...just what i wanted-thank you!!!!

betsey
Old 04-01-2012, 02:27 PM

Betsey, so proud of you. And while you are disappearing, you can make yourself new clothing from some of your stash, as you go. That's what I did, and it's great. Keep it up, girl!
Judy
Old 04-01-2012, 03:54 PM

Congratulations on the weight loss. What I am doing to control the fabric cravings right now, I have taken out all the hidden stashes of fabric (I think I have found them all), put all the fat quarters on boards and put them into small sterilite bins. My goal now is to arrange them by type (civil war, kid, baby, 1930's, tone on tone), I find that just touching the fabric takes away the urge to fabric shop. We moved 6 years ago, and I haven't found all the hidden boxes yet. I have filled bins with all the scraps and bits and pieces (3 bins full), and have made crumb squares when the mood strikes. I have to remind myself that goal in having this stash is to quilt.