Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tessellation Blues Quilt >

Tessellation Blues Quilt

Tessellation Blues Quilt

Old 03-29-2012, 08:49 AM

Yes, I think that might work, doing just one row at a time, where I was trying to do the complete block(4 sections). Good idea.
IdahoSandy
Old 03-29-2012, 11:47 AM
gmpatrick

To make a quick design board get a plastic or oilcloth tablecloth that has the fuzzy backing. It works great for a design board. The fabric sticks to the backing and then when I need to quit working on it I pin the pieces and fold it up. If you don't have that you can use a piece of pink or blue foam insulation and if you cover that with flannel the piece stick and then you can pin everything by just sticking pins in the foam if you are afraid of something bothering them.
gmpatrick

Old 03-30-2012, 08:27 AM

Thanks for the tip on the oil cloth and I have seen this at Wal-Mart. It does have a grid on the back side, but it never occurred to me to use it in that way. Thanks from all us quilters.
IdahoSandy
Old 04-10-2012, 11:24 AM

Default I also did it

Originally Posted by IdahoSandy View Post
Has any one else besides me, made this quilt?? It is from the magazine McCalls Quilting, Jan/Feb 2012 issue.
This quilt for me has been a real nightmare. I have used my ripper so much that my fingers are red and sore. The colors are blues/tans and creams, with two sections facing in(cream/tan) and two facing out(blues) with four of these sections making a 12 inch block. Each section has a matching piece either above, beside or below. This is the part that gave me the problem, even though I looked would get the wrong piece about half the time no matter how hard I tried. I finally had to put the quilt pieces on the floor so I would know where I was going which made my neck hurt from looking down. I did not put any borders on because I thought it looked better without. I still have to put the binding on. I love the quilt but the first two days it gave me an awful tension headache. If anyone knows how to scan the picture from the magazine, please do this for me.
I did the quilt in red and black and the colors were superb. I did a little ripping but tried to make sure, using my wall, the blocks were correct.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:57 AM

Yes, I can see using just black and red would not be a problem, but I was using 12 different prints(6 blue, 6 brown/beige) with no wall. I did a lot of ripping.
IdahoSandy