Boomerang 7.0-FIRE Group

Old 04-16-2012, 10:03 AM

I have lots of magazines and I just flip through them quickly, they inspire me. If that don't work, the internet has lots of sites, just google "free quilt patterns". Then, have a ball!! Just back from Cincinatti quilt show, I am overflowing with inspiration. Wish I had the time to go for it! LOL
Old 04-16-2012, 10:05 AM

I received Jacquie's f8 today...so pretty!
Old 04-16-2012, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by MdmSew'n'Sew View Post
I received grownups from Veronika and wandalou. It's very interesting, I look at my fabric and see the blues and purples, almost everyone so far has picked up on the browns and greens. It really is interesting how the look of my soon-to-be quilt is evolving! Hugs to everyone, have a great week!
hope you like your block! I saw the purple and turquoise - brown was enough in this block so I decided to give a chance to the other two colours which are in your fabric I thought it is a nice contrast. Here is the photo

Old 04-16-2012, 01:21 PM

hello,

got my nice block from buddysMum - sorry. My father in law died and I've no time for posting here

got f8 from ALL members of the swap

sent back
AbbysMom (rec), buddysMum, Buslady, goldendog55 (rec), jahaper, lovingIzabella, MdmSew'nSew (rec), moonrise, NDQuilts (rec), QuilterMomma (rec), quintingnonie, wandalou (rec), yayaquilts (rec), Yosamitesa (rec)

received blocks from
buslady, buddysMum, jahaper, moonrise, quiltingnonie, wandalou, Yosamitesa
Old 04-16-2012, 02:38 PM

Veronika
so sorry to hear of you and your family's sad loss of your father in law. Thoughts and prayers with you at this time.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:34 PM

I use Mary Ellen Hopkins book It is ok if you sit on my quilt. She has lots of ideas. You have to figure the size out for the pieces used, but this way you can adjust your size any way you want.
Originally Posted by Yosamitesa View Post
Ok...I need some motivation...whatcha got??? Where do you find your block patterns??? I've been using the 501 Rotary Cut Blocks book.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Veronika View Post
hope you like your block! I saw the purple and turquoise - brown was enough in this block so I decided to give a chance to the other two colours which are in your fabric I thought it is a nice contrast. Here is the photo

Veri, your block is beautiful, as soon as I can, I will post pics of the blocks I've received, got blocks back from Jahaper and buslady today - they're all wonderful!
I hope no one took it wrong, I was just finding it funny that I didn't even realize that there was brown in the fabric until I got my grownup back from moonrise -I must have been wearing blinders the day I found the fabric - that's why I need everyone's help because if I were making all the blocks, they'd be with just the blues and purples, maybe a little bit of the black .. you all are saving me from a very drab, limited design! Thank you! {{{{{hugs}}}}}
Notice how the fabric is cut so perfect, with the designs meeting in the center of the kaleidoscope, it's even prettier in person!

Last edited by MdmSew'n'Sew; 04-16-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:21 PM

Veronika -- SO sorry for your loss. Hugs and prayers for you and your family.

Jacquie -- any certain colors you prefer to go with your fabric or not go with your fabric?
Old 04-16-2012, 09:01 PM

Jacquie Got your beautiful red fabric today, will make you block and get it out to you this week.
This is my last block to make and mail.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:57 AM

Veri-sorry for your family's loss. My prayers go to you and your family.
Beautiful kaleidoscope block is gorgeous!!

I make my blocks from quilt books by Eleanor Burns (Victory Quilts, Quilt Blocks on American Barns, Egg Money). These books have 12 1/2" blocks and her instructions are just about perfect. Each block tells you exactly how to cut each piece for the blocks. Hope everyone likes the block patterns I choose. I'm excited to get sewing on them this week!!