Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
paper piecing questions >

paper piecing questions

paper piecing questions

Old 03-14-2012, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Kitsie View Post
Here's the same turn back method with easy pieces. It uses Freezer paper so the templates can be used over & over.
http://www.twiddletails.com/store/in...age=page&id=21
I use this method, too. The greatest advantage besides no tearing off paper is that the pieces stay put where they're supposed to be, thanks to the freezer paper!
Old 03-14-2012, 09:12 AM
Power Poster

I never really got into paper piecing until the paperless paper piecing method came out. it is the one where you use freezer paper and fold it back as you add the next piece. For some reason I can grasp this method better. I also like the fact that you can reuse the freezer paper until it looses it's iron on stickiness. Try both methods on a simple block and see which one works better for you.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:31 PM

Thank you so very much for all of your input. I think with twiddletails I might have a chance of liking this. I will keep you posted on how my progress is going. I think monday I try it out. Thank you again for every ones help!
Old 04-16-2012, 12:37 PM

Location: Originally from Hialeah Fl. Now in the Seattle area

I learned paper piecing the traditional way by sewing through the paper and then picking the paper out when I was done and it got so aggravating, I HATED paper piecing and refused to do it anymore. Then, I discovered the freezer paper method and I'll never go back to regular paper. Just too easy...
Old 04-16-2012, 02:32 PM

Advice when doing any block any method the first time. Do one block to make sure you understand all the instructions. Then do 2 or 3 to make sure your chain piecing is accurate and you understand the process. Then and only then, cut more and chain piece a bunch together.

This is from experience. The pattern could be wrong or you could make one bad mistake and, if you have not tested first, you can waste a lot of material and time.