Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Very Sad Cat - Any Suggestions? >

Very Sad Cat - Any Suggestions?

Very Sad Cat - Any Suggestions?

Old 04-16-2012, 04:27 PM

When my sister Ann died, her cat laid by the front door waiting for her to return. It was 3 months before he started to warm up to my sister Barbara, and her 2 cats.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:29 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. I'm a volunteer w/a rescue group and foster momma and know that animals do have feelings. It is hard to tell if your kitty would bond with another cat right now. I would agree that an older cat would be better than a kitten. Usually the little ones have SO much energy that it wears the older ones out. They tend to have less patience with them also. Give him a little time to grieve, giving him lots of love and attention. I have used stuffed animals with lots of ages with lots of success. One of my little bottle babies, who just turned 2, still carries her beanie baby all over the house. It goes to the food dish, the window seat, the litter box (thankfully not in it) and to her bed. A new addition came to the house and she had found a new best friend, but her "baby" still goes wherever they go. My heart goes out to both of you.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:04 PM

talk to your cat. tell him that the other cat is gone but not forgotten. he will understand alot.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:27 PM

When my husband passed away, the cat was so sad. He played Solitaire on the computer and the cat always sat watching on the table. It was somthing they did every evening. It took the cat a long time to cat beyond this.
Thank goodness tho I had the cat as she was so much company for me. Animals can beuch a blessing to us also when we are sad.