We will always remember...

Old 04-20-2012, 05:41 AM

Although I live in Australia, I remember stopping in horror when the news broke, partly because we have relatives in Oklahoma. It was a terrible reminder of how quickly our lives can be changed by tragedy; a reminder to live each day as if it was our last, and take joy in the small humdrum details of our daily lives.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:00 AM

We stopped at the memorial a few years ago. I was so overcome with emotion the second I walked through the entrance that I wept silently through the whole place. This is not like me. I would love to go their again some time, and probobly will. Thank you for the reminder.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:05 PM

I have been to the memorial several times. My SIL was one of the many people who helped. The day it happened I was having a cyst removed from my finger. Woke up with the news being reported on TV. Another SIL heard the explosion at her home. Also one of their cousins was one of the fatalities of the day. If you are ever in OKC be sure to go to the memorial.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:10 PM

My DH and I visited the memorial in the summer of 2009. It made a tremendous impact on both of us. This horrible tragedy happened on my birthday, and I tend to remember those lost, especially on that day.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:53 AM

Thoughts & prayers go out to the victims & families of this heinous event. My DH & I lived in Oklahoma City for 1 season while he played professional hockey there & we have such wonderful memories of our time there. We met such warm & friendly people. God bless you all.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:54 AM

I was able to visit the memorial a year or so after it was completed. I still get choaked up when I think of standing there among those empty chairs! The buildings across the street still had the broken windows boarded up. Remembering my visit tugs at my heart and brings tears to my eyes.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:51 AM

My husband is from OKC, OK. We have been together 14 years. I did get to visit the Memorial, I am from Ohio, and when it happened, I cried for along time. And when I visited the memorial, I cried all the way through it. All those little kids shoe's and momentos broke my heart. The one exhibit that is the same as if it happend today. The spray painted messages from the firefighters and first responders. The Fence filled with pictures and remebrances from lost ones, and loved ones. The tall statue of Jesus with his head in his hand, with the quote at the bottom that read "Jesus Wept" That is the shortest verse in the Bible. I don't know how anybody could visit, and not cry through the whole thing. I am crying now just thinking about what I saw. I was there in 2003, I have been to OK since, but not to the Memorial. It is a painful place to visit. I do think if you have that opportunity to go, you should. There is just something about seeing it on T.V. and actually being there. This was actually the very first "Terrorism" in the U.S.