Misses sizes in stores

Old 04-19-2012, 08:04 AM

My problem is my 5' height and 1x size for tops and 14 for pants. I sometimes feel like I look like Humpty Dumpty --short and squat lol. I'm almost 70 and the styles for my size and age don't appeal to me so sweats and jeans are my basic wardrobe. Don't own a skirt or dress but maybe that will change?
Old 04-19-2012, 09:07 AM

I will be going to Kohls this afternoon so will look. I'm sure they are still there.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:18 AM
Power Poster

I worked with a lady who was tall and large. she dressed so lovely. mostly bought (and worked part time) from Catherine's in Westminster, CO. No matter how much i've weighed, i've never carried off clothing the way she did!
Old 04-19-2012, 01:24 PM

I wish they would make plus size jeans and such in the pretty colors that the smaller sizes come in. Some of the things are just butt ugly! Who thinks that huge plaids,stripes and prints look good on a plus size woman??
Old 04-21-2012, 05:19 AM

How I agree with you - I'd love to have a nice outfit that looks like a dress - not always having to rely on a tunic style with pants of some sort to hide the bulges and still try to look presentable if you have a special place to go.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:30 AM

I wear dresses all summer. I don't like to wear shorts anymore and the dresses are cool. I do get compliments on them . I had one lady stop me going into the bank and ask me where I got my dresses. They can be dressed up or down.
This is the style dress http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/en...ing_women.html... they are really easy to sew, no zippers or buttons unless you want. The fabric makes all the difference .. I don't know if I could make one nice enough for say the opera but for the most part in my life they are good... And for me the best part is NO matching needed. :-)
Old 04-21-2012, 07:31 AM
Power Poster

Kohl's hasn't answered my email about not finding a Misses choice online. irritating when they ignore a customer! I"m still waiting for Webroot (my anti-virus people) to answer an email too. Grrr.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:07 AM

Ok, I feel better knowing that most of us of a "certain" age are finding it difficult to locate attractive, wearable clothing, no matter whether we are petite, average or fluffy (love that term!). I wear a 10 in misses or petites (5'2") and absolutely live in tee shirts & jeans or capris, anymore. I bought a sleeveless dressy dress at Penney's for an event last winter and, fortunately it came with a jacket, otherwise I would have been wearing something completely out of date (which is most of my wardrobe). If I had to dress for work every day (I'm retired) or to go out for something more than a casual evening, I would be out of luck. Have we become the "invisible" generation, or are we expected to "make do" with clothing that is aimed at the very young, or are we just supposed to accept really ugly, poorly fitted clothing? I wonder why the market has not realized that the baby boomers are the largest part of today's population and adjusted their fashions accordingly. JMHO
Old 04-22-2012, 11:37 AM

I cannot wait to retire in 2 years and not play the I have nothing to wear game every morning. Getting dressed has become a major stress factor in my life. How do you all find jeans that fit? I once tried 27 pairs of jeans on in one afternoon and not a single pair fit!

I'm so frustrated and depressed.......
Old 04-22-2012, 11:55 AM
Power Poster

Ugh this is where I am at. Also a little longer would not hurt. this ia also one of the parts in life that is depressing to me. I hate shopping for clothes.

Originally Posted by Pam B View Post
I think you will find plenty of Misses sizes in your Kohl's store. It is those of us who are Women's sizes who generally have trouble finding things. I get so tired of the Women's things looking like something my grandmother would have worn. I just don't get why we can't get the same cute things like in the Misses sizes only with a little more fabric to fit Women's sizes?