Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
The yard needed mowed anyway! >

The yard needed mowed anyway!

The yard needed mowed anyway!

Old 04-23-2012, 03:23 PM

I had one of those days yesterday...making a quilt for my newest GN and flubbed up whichever way you can think of. First I didn't have enough blocks, then when I made a few more, I had too many. Some of the blocks were pinwheels and of course, the corners are off. Then the colors I picked just don't want to meld as they should...but you know what? When I get through, this one will be her "sit and spit" quilt, and I'll make her another "girly" one a little later when I have all my faculties (??) again!
Old 04-23-2012, 03:27 PM

amazing how many times I can make the same mistake over and over!! At least the lawn is done!! And you got some exercise!! Plus you have 3" blocks for something else! Hope you have enuf fabric to fix it!! Show us when your done!
Old 04-24-2012, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by faykilgore View Post
We've all had these quilts, and these bad quilting days, but honestly! This is the baby quilt I asked advice on, as I had no pattern. I will think REALLY hard before I do another quilt without a better plan. Finally put the panels together and attached to the center medallion, put it on the design wall: it's too narrow. It needs one more 6" block, in the middle of each row of course, which means taking every panel apart, taking the piano keys off the medalion, since they'll have to be longer now, etc. So, I spent the evening with my seam ripper, consoling myself that I would be much happier with the finished project. The next morning I made the 6 extra 9-patch blocks with the last of the cream colored material. When I ironed them, I realized I'd just made 6 precious 3" 9-patches instead of 6." That's when I went outside and mowed the yard.

I will regroup and finish this quilt, and post pictures, but what remains of this fabric, including the 3" 9-patches, is going into a pay-it-forward! I NEVER want to see this fabric AGAIN!

Thanks for letting me vent!
I think we have all had some of those days. It seems like there are someday's we should just stay in bed, lol....Just do it another day, it will turn out just fine. Then you will look back on it and be glad you finished it, bless you.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:04 AM

Here is a BIG hug just for you. Take a deep breath and turn on your favorite music before you start again.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:16 AM

I just discovered that I did something very similar yesterday. I can't even go back to look at it. What was I thinking?
I truly feel your pain. Try to keep your chin up.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:20 AM

We've probably all been there. Sometimes it is good to walk away and do something else. It gives up courage to go back and fix it.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:36 AM

Don't you just hate projects like that? Seems the more you work at getting something to fit, the less it fits. You have my empathy for your pain.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:27 AM

oh I've had to set projects aside just so I could ponder about how to fix the situtation
Old 04-24-2012, 11:35 AM

Happens to all of us now and again!
Old 04-24-2012, 11:35 AM

There have been lots of times I have had to walk away. When I have to do a lot of unsewing, I take a break and do like you did and get the seamripping done. Things will be better. Good luck!