RAK Thank You!

Old 05-02-2012, 05:10 AM

You are so welcome Donna. It made my day being able to send out your RAK. Mary
Old 05-02-2012, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
oooooooohhhhhhhh Mary I am so sorry to hear about your SIL.

I will keep your family in my thoughts.

On another note, I just applied for a job with Scottrade
(where hubs works) and IF I should get "lucky" to be hired
then I will have to go to St. Louis for a 2 week stint to do
on-board training and such.

If that happens maybe we can meet up for a beverage
(coffee, tea or something NON-alcohol). Personally I
would much rather meet up with somebody who I would
have something in common with as to meeting up with my
"I have a PhD, so therefore I am better than you" SIL.
certainly we can meet up. there is a wonderful chocolate bar (http://www.baileyschocolatebar.com/) here where everything is chocolate if you can do that but there are lots of places to go especially the quilt shops. just let me know if & when.

thanks for the well thoughts, we all need them. wow my baby will be 28 yrs old in june so it has been a loooong while since i had to care for 3 children, one 10 yo & 4 yo twins. breakfast before school, school dressing, laundry in the evening, dinner cooking everyday, balanced meal planning, homework, daily baths (well i talked the twins into showers with some kool swim googles), school drop off, after school pick up, snacks, walks to the park for some play time (energy wear down), nightly kiddie movies, nightly school clothes layout, etc, etc, etc. how did i manage to do that so long ago. it wears me out just thinking about and needing to live it now. it's good thing afterschool activities werent added to this mix. phewwww!!!!!!1

your sil cannot help herself. just be patient with her. i have a brother with an elevated IQ and earlier in his life, anyone in his midst he let know that. it drove us all insane. my mother by contrast had a mensa level IQ and she never acted in a way to make others feel less than, she just wanted to share her knowledge. some folks just cannot help themselves. also my bestest friend was always waving her & hubby's credit score around like it was some sort of elite million dollar investment. i asked her to stop doing that because she was adored and looked up to and it made others feel less than. well they have been affected by this economy and that credit rating took a battering, less flags to wave now some things are fleeting. i dont know what makes people do these things but they have some innate need to be recognized or feel more recognized than may be necessary for the rest of us. we just hav'ta love them no matter their handicap.

Last edited by Havplenty; 05-02-2012 at 05:51 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:29 AM
Swap Hosts

Mary, 4 yo twins! Oooof! God bless you, my friend! Don't forget to take your vitamins.
Thank you also for what you've written on those numbers -- whether it's IQ, SAT, Credit Score, Weight or whatever. I've long thought that we should appreciate people for what's inside and not determine their value by their numbers.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:58 AM

Mary good luck with the extra energy. I have heard that giving the kids a bottle of bubbles works wonders. Something about them blowing the extra energy out of their bodies.

Are there any May birthdays? My sheets don't have a lot of the birthdays on. So I would love to send a card out if someone knows dates.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:23 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Everose View Post
Mary good luck with the extra energy. I have heard that giving the kids a bottle of bubbles works wonders. Something about them blowing the extra energy out of their bodies.

Are there any May birthdays? My sheets don't have a lot of the birthdays on. So I would love to send a card out if someone knows dates.
Mine is on the 29th. Usually one that everyone forgets since it's Memorial Day weekend and they're all hot-footing it out of town. Also one of those "milestone" birthdays that makes you either cringe or wonder how you made it that far.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:21 PM

Krystyna, I have a good friend that has a birthday on the 29th. So you are in good company. I celebrate the "big" ones but all the others I'm 32. I first started really celebrating when I turned 50, because 2 friends passed away that year, so I was celebrating the birthdays that they wouldn't be.

Have a great day!
Old 05-02-2012, 01:32 PM
Swap Hosts

Thanks, Di. This year I will turn 60. How on earth did that happen? 30 years ago I never would have imagined living this long. But now that I have, it has made me very much aware of my mortality. In terms of fabric and thread alone, I wonder if I will ever sew through it all. I actually bought myself an Accuquilt Go to zip through the fabric with the thought that if it is cut, it will get sewn. It was my own Mother's Day and Birthday gift to myself. I think I will go on a fabric fast from here on out and maybe I'll blog about sewing my way through it all before I'm dead - because frankly, 60 feels like one step in the grave. OK. Done being morbid! I have HST's to sew!

Oh! And Di sent me the most wonderful RAK. I will post photos later on.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:27 PM

Mary if those skull pencils haven't found a home yet, I would love to have them.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Banned

60???????

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not our happy loving fun K.

Well I too am a Gemini baby on June 12 I will turn 48,
and sometimes I wonder how in the heck did I get this
old.

Then there are the time when I don't think I am that old
until I remember that my OLDEST daughter is 30! (31 in Nov).
Then it smacks me upside the head and yells at me YOUR OLD!!!

LOL

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Thanks, Di. This year I will turn 60. How on earth did that happen? 30 years ago I never would have imagined living this long. But now that I have, it has made me very much aware of my mortality. In terms of fabric and thread alone, I wonder if I will ever sew through it all. I actually bought myself an Accuquilt Go to zip through the fabric with the thought that if it is cut, it will get sewn. It was my own Mother's Day and Birthday gift to myself. I think I will go on a fabric fast from here on out and maybe I'll blog about sewing my way through it all before I'm dead - because frankly, 60 feels like one step in the grave. OK. Done being morbid! I have HST's to sew!

Oh! And Di sent me the most wonderful RAK. I will post photos later on.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:42 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
60???????
Well I too am a Gemini baby on June 12 I will turn 48,
and sometimes I wonder how in the heck did I get this
old.
Yep. Older than dirt.