Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Who has found odd things in packaged food? >

Who has found odd things in packaged food?

Who has found odd things in packaged food?

Old 05-04-2012, 02:46 PM

At least you guys got results from the manufacturors. I was eating a cup of noodles - ramen kind - and bit down on something hard - it turned out to be a very long slim sliver of metal. I emailed the company and never heard a word from them!
Old 05-04-2012, 03:04 PM

When eating breakfast at a well known restaurant in a well known vacation spot in our state I was waiting for the rest of my family to finish. While twiddling with the parsley garnish, which I do like to eat, a daddy long legs fell out onto my plate. Since most of the salad garnishes are frozen it didn't bother me but when my hubby casually called it to the attention of the waitress my entire breakfast was written off and of course she apolgized about it. Things do happen. Thankfully not that often.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:32 PM

One of my sons was eating a burrito at a fast food restaurant when he was about 4 yrs old, and he was chewing, and chewing, etc. Told him to spit it out, and I looked at it. It was an artery part. "Y" shaped, hollow like y tube. Took it back to counter and she said, "Oh, it's just fat". Told her they needed to check their meat as they shredded it. He couldn't chew thru it, so he would have choked on it if he tried to swallow.

Was eating a package of Whoppers, (the Halloween snack size) and got up from my desk. When I came back, a bug was crawling out of the package. Haven't had any whoppers since.

Was at a restaurant, they passed out bread rolls. Opened a roll to butter and a spider was baked into an air pocket. Didn't eat any of those either.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:59 PM

In a college cafeteria, started to cut up some "barbeque" but couldn't get all the way through. Turned it over -- it came complete with cowhide and hair.

Same cafeteria, got a piece of cake or some such, found maggots under it.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:47 PM

Yup.. this thread is excellent for a diet.. lolol bookmarking this one..and going to read this before every meal. I should do very well now. ha ha ha

I remember years ago, they did a 20/20 or 60 minutes piece on how much mice/rat/roach poo is allowed in dry cereal before they have to toss it all out..

I also love oatmeal...and have a hard time eating it when I see some black pieces in it.. is it really oatmeal..or something worse???
Old 05-04-2012, 08:23 PM

My son-in-law loves the combination of dry roasted peanuts and candy corn. A couple of Christmases ago I was putting some together for him and when I opened the candy corn and poured it in there was a tooth...needless to say I haven't been able to buy candy corn since. A TOOTH...what the heck do they do in that factory, run a drive-through dental office on the side?
Old 05-05-2012, 03:07 AM

I found a rubber band in a can of coffee - no big deal, but here is something to be wary of.......I ordered a cup of coffee and apparently one of the employees was not in a happy mood because I was drinking the coffee and felt something ooky in my mouth, spit it back into the coffee cup, gently poured out the coffee and there was a thick gob of the stuff you spit out of your mouth when you have a cold (that's about as much as I can say without feeling gaggy). (He literally spit into my cup, poured in the coffee and sold it to me). I didn't go back to that donut shop again, ever, and every time I do have a cup of coffee not out of my own coffee pot I always remember that. Not all bad things come in cans, packages or containers. Edie
Old 05-05-2012, 04:18 AM

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)

Omigosh, this has to be the most disgusting thread ever. Guess I'll skip breakfast today! And I will never eat green beans straight out of a can ever again!

Just yesterday I finally emptied the trash can in my photos folder, or I'd upload the photo of a nice head of broccoli with a tiny frog hidden in the florets. Good thing I saw him before I threw it in the steamer!
Old 05-05-2012, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by mythreesuns View Post
Yup.. this thread is excellent for a diet.. lolol bookmarking this one..and going to read this before every meal. I should do very well now. ha ha ha

I remember years ago, they did a 20/20 or 60 minutes piece on how much mice/rat/roach poo is allowed in dry cereal before they have to toss it all out..

I also love oatmeal...and have a hard time eating it when I see some black pieces in it.. is it really oatmeal..or something worse???
I usually pick out those black bits in the oatmeal or scrutinize them very closely before I eat it. And muesli and cereal with grains sometimes have those husks that look like insects, I always find myself looking at them to see if they have legs.

Many years ago I found a clump of hair in a jar of jam, needless to say I didn't eat jam for a long time.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:53 AM

Not too long ago we stopped to eat at a restaurant on the way to visit our son and when I was eating the mashed potatoes I felt something hard in my mouth. Took it out and it was a piece of wire from what I would call one of those metal scrubbing pads. I showed the waitress and she was horrified. When I went to pay my bill, she turned to ask the manager/owner what she should do about my bill and he just shrugged, finally said to take ten percent off.
I told her she could tell him he got off cheap as if I had swallowed that I probably would have been in the hospital for surgery and he would have had a bigger bill than ten percent off my meal. Also told her she could tell him I wouldn't be back and would let everyone know of his attitude and the quality of the food. If he hadn't shrugged his shoulders and had the attitude he did I wouldn't have reacted in the manner I did as I know accidents do happen. But instead of being apologetic, his attitude was almost beligerent for me finding it in my food--pardon me I didn't cook the food and certainly didn't bring the piece of metal in with me! It takes all kinds, and some we could do without!

I have had all kinds of food experiences in other places, but most of the time they are very apologetic and concerned, it's the ones that take the attitude of 'so what' and also act like it's your fault, those I lose patience with very quickly.