Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How good a housekeeper are you? >

How good a housekeeper are you?

How good a housekeeper are you?

Old 04-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Power Poster

I don't "keep" house and I don't "tend" a garden. The house takes care of itself for the most part and the garden is a lovely patch of weeds. I make sure that the kitchen is in relatively good shape, that the bathrooms are not giant germ pools and that nobody trips on the way to the couch. Life is too short to waste it on housework. Of course when I get an announcement of company coming - boy you should see me hustle. I was raised by a German Uebermother so I KNOW HOW to clean - I just choose not to. lol
Old 04-11-2012, 03:44 PM

where does all that comes from
Old 04-11-2012, 04:18 PM

I was in the Navy for years and kept things to a minimum. Since I have settled, since my FIL passed and since my parents downsized, since I have accumulated some (alright, a lot) of stuff, I thought I might as well collect some dust bunnies to round out everything. I am an avid reader and would do it above cleaning. That is my addiction. It will be a hard battle, but I am doing something every week to decrease the reading and increase the work around the house. God knows DH will not do anything, I am beginning to wonder if I really need him or not!
Old 04-12-2012, 05:21 PM

Excellent when I do it!!! I just don't like to anymore after 50 years of marriage and only do heavy cleaning when someone is coming to stay for a few days! LOLROL!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 12:44 PM

My daughter asks when she sees I've dusted or vaccum, am I having company. I think that says it all
Old 04-18-2012, 12:54 PM

My house is clean, over the past few years I have learned to live with the dust. And the armies of dust bunnies that set up camp in the dark recesses behind the bookcases and other furniture I don't move to often.

A couple of weeks ago we moved the antique hutch from the spare bedroom to make room for my Longarm frame and we discovered my long lost tomato pincushion. ....lol..Kola must have batted it under there and couldn't get it out.

Lately I get short of breath just cleaning the kitchen after meals. Those three little clots residing in my lungs sure let themselves be known quite often.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:10 AM

Dust is a country accent----that's my story and I'm sticking to it........
Old 05-05-2012, 04:36 PM

I have a trivet that says "Our house is clean enough to healthy and dirty enough to be happy." Unfortunately, we fre quently cross the line. I also have a book that is titled "nobody said you have to eat off the floor" Her message is "you will never get it all done.: Whatever you do, somebody else would have done more. Quilting forever, Housework, whenever.
I take all of these to heart my sewing machine calls me more than the vaduum cleaner.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:39 PM

BTW, nobody goes to a funeral and says what great housekeeper she was. BUT, they might say what beautiful qults she made.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:49 PM

Housekeeping is not my forte and I always claim that being home with kids makes it harder than working with them in school. We are always here making another mess. But I spend time everyday making an attempt.