Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm >

May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm

May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm

Old 05-08-2012, 01:04 AM

Well owls would be good.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:48 AM

Well I am back home from the hospital and now caught up on all the post. Please send prayers for my son. I got home from the hospital and he is now in the hospital. This is the first time back there since he was paralyzed 5 1/2 years ago. The pressure sore that he has had since before the new year had almost closed up, but was tunneling under the skin. I busted open while I was in the hospital and he refused to go to the hospital for several days. It is now a large open wound again down to the bone. We are waiting for cultures to come back to see about infections. Hoping he does not get a bone or blood infection from this as it will be very bad. He is looking at possibly having some of the tissue removed and skin grafts. He is supposed to move out on his own for the first time since his accident to share an apartment with a friend on the 20th, but he may be in the hospital/rehab for sometime. Prayers also for my new baby granddaughter Harper, she is scheduled for surgery on the 16th to relocate her rectum area and intestines to the proper location. She will have to be watched very closely for her BM's and any abdominal pain for life and follow up procedures for the 1st 2 years. Not sure beyond that what to expect yet. There is only one pedi's GI surgeon here and my daughter used to work for his ex-wife and for him 4 years ago and trusts him completely and they are going to see him tomorrow and will know more than on what to expect. Thank you everyone for all your love, prayers and support. It means so much. I've at times felt worried that people would start to think that I had become to needy and in need of attention, not just here on the board, but people in general and have tried to limit how much I say is going on. You all have been there for me every time without fail and it has meant so much to me. This last time in the hospital I didn't even tell my daughters I was there as I didn't want to worry the youngest as she has so much going on with the new baby's medical issues and my oldest daughter's baby who passed way would have been 1 years old this past Sunday. Needless to say they were upset to find out that I had not told them and they found out through other means. So again thanks everyone.

SharonAnne no I have not even been able to start on the cat quilt yet. I'm hoping sometime this year. I have several memory quilts that I am still working on for daughter, son in law and siblings of my late baby granddaughter who passed away 1-1-12 at 8 months old. I also still have some projects working for the new baby to finish up. Once I get it done I will post a picture so that you can see how I used your gift of some cat fabric in the quilt.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:49 AM

Wanda Lou I'm happy to hear that your sister opened her eyes. That is the first step. Just be there for her, even if you don't know what to say, you just being there for her will mean the world to her. Try not to treat her any differently. The one thing I told my son right away when we told him he was paralyzed was that an able bodied person can do 10,000 things, a disabled person can do 9,000 of those things and if there is a will there is a way to find out how to do the other 1,000 as well. My son was in a rock band before his accident and I told him he could still be in one. I found examples of other paralyzed or disabled people who were doing the same thing and showed them to him. I even an episode of a show that was searching for the next rock band and one of the guitarist was born with no arms and played with his feet and he was amazing. He had that guitar moving all over the place with his feet. His band members were not very good, but the judges told him that he had amazing talent and need to replace everyone in the band to meet his expertise. My son started forming a new band 1 year after his accident and played for 4 years at major local clubs and opened for national acts at mid sized venues that only do concerts.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by wanda lou View Post
Off topic***

May I please request pray for my 37 year old sister.
she is in the ICU , she has several blood clots and they had to remove her leg from the knee down. she remains in a coma.
Prayer please.
Prayers sent out
Old 05-08-2012, 03:58 AM

Hi all! Wow what a weekend. I just moved and am in the process of cleaning the apt. to turn it in and then unpacking at the new place. Can't find anything at this time! Wandalou I"m sorry to hear about your sister and am glad she opened her eyes. Prayers and hugs sent your way. Arizonagirl, prayers going your way and I'm glad your out of the hospital and that you get better! My SP package will go out on Friday the 11th. Its the only thing I did keep away from the movers and set aside. Sorry SP that I cannot make anything handmade this time due to the move EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Old 05-08-2012, 04:52 AM

my package is going out today to a city with 2 s's, 2 m's, and 2 e's....should be easy to figure out.hope she posts a picture because I forgot again....must remember to do that LOL
Old 05-08-2012, 06:33 AM

Well, my SP package is almost ready. I saw a pin cusion in a shop last weekend and decided to make one for my SP, she said she liked them. First time, no pattern, so I hope she likes it. I sure did. Anyway, wanna go shopping for her furbabies (2 dogs, 2 cats) that hint should narrow it down! Then wrap and ship!!!! I am loving reading this thread!! My prayers go out to those with health issues, their own and their loved ones. It is so difficult to see our loved ones suffer. My DD found out she has to have surgery on her hemoroids, I hear that is not pleasant, but better than what we were worried about. Her OBGYN didn't think she had hemoroids, she just said it looked like some kind of mass. Now those are words you don't want to hear. Just glad not the big "C"!!
Old 05-08-2012, 06:40 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
well i know this is not me 'cause the only insects i like are dead ones or those far away from me and on national geographic specials!

speaking of which there was a segment tonight on a news show about consuming insects for proteins because they are plentiful and fast producing. entomologists are working to get insects sold in grocery stores and on americans plates sometime in the near future.

there is a restaurant in trendy san francisco that serves them on the menu and yuppies were there eating them as if they were chips. eewwwwww!!!!! yuk!!!!! i feel a nightmare coming on tonight.
Imagine a big ole walking stick french fried and dipped in ranch dressing?.....yuck
Old 05-08-2012, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting View Post
Doll quilt, thread catcher, coffee keeper or whatever those wrappy things are.. hehehe

what is a coffee keeper? i know very little about coffee and related products for the most part. i don't drink it, don't care for the smell nor taste of it so pay no attention to it at all, not even the fancy stuff at starbucks.

wow a doll quilt? that would require some serious thinking to pull something like that together. the thread catcher good idea as every one that i have made i have given in a swap so my threads are all over the place.

Last edited by Havplenty; 05-08-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
speaking of which there was a segment tonight on a news show about consuming insects for proteins because they are plentiful and fast producing. entomologists are working to get insects sold in grocery stores and on americans plates sometime in the near future.

there is a restaurant in trendy san francisco that serves them on the menu and yuppies were there eating them as if they were chips. eewwwwww!!!!! yuk!!!!! i feel a nightmare coming on tonight.

Yup and I was eating while they did it....double yuck. I must say I'm not normally squeamish and have never really minded snakes, insects (excepting roaches, ants, pests) etc, but somehow watching her cook live worms made me gag...

BTW, already got the on the boobagram so good for another year! Makes 6 yrs now on the 2nd time for poor Leftiticia (i named her somewhere in the process of having cancer twice in her).

Robyn, so sorry to hear your problems. I sure am hoping all clears up on all the medical issues for you and your family. Keep your good attitudes...it all helps. big hugs.

Still working on my sp's package, slowly very slowly. She lives in the state where I was born and lived for 5 years and in a town I've visited several times. She's east of the Miss River and N of the Mason Dixon line....

Last edited by greenini; 05-08-2012 at 07:02 AM.