Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May 2012 doll quilt swap - theme: Quilty chaos - crazy quilt - deadline noon est 4/30 >

May 2012 doll quilt swap - theme: Quilty chaos - crazy quilt - deadline noon est 4/30

May 2012 doll quilt swap - theme: Quilty chaos - crazy quilt - deadline noon est 4/30

Old 05-09-2012, 04:22 AM

well, if the amount of chaos in our quilting areas counts, then i will have the craziest quilt of all! i thought i had it all organized and now it looks worse than ever! i can't even do anything about it as i lie here on drugs with a bad back. hope you are patient krystyna! it may be a bit before i can sew.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:36 AM
Swap Hosts

I do have an embroidery machine, but I only embroidered a couple of little things on it so far. One was actually a motif that I stitched out from something else and then found when I was putting this together. I think the bulk of my stitching will be on my very simple - very inexpensive Walmart sewing machine - it has 79 stitches although I've never used them all. I did start a stitch book but never had time to finish it. And of course, there will be lace.
Nancia, hope you feel better soon.
Brenda, no sewing of thighs!
As for the issue of mess - I am messy. My studio is usually a disaster, but it's my space and that's that. I wish it wasn't the case, but it is so -- end of story.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:38 AM

That's ok Krystyna, Some people work really well like that. I on the other hand have a mess spread out in three different rooms.(no sewing room) Ugh, it's quite chaotic really. Disturbing really. But, I will plug on til I finish this quilt. Of course, that is the mantra for the day....finish this quilt. I am deffinitely in the later group. Sigh. I really thought this was going to be an easy theme. Somewhere along the way, I made it difficult. But, I have hit a few snags and I'm working my way throught them one by one. And, it is coming out pretty. But, this swap as a whole is making me realize what kind of quilter I am and where my strength is. Have a good day everybody.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
I SO wish I had an embroidery machine for this DQ!
So does your partner Lori!!!
Old 05-09-2012, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
So does your partner Lori!!!
You wish I had one too??????
Old 05-09-2012, 07:27 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
You wish I had one too??????
I'm wishing you all had one. I know funds are tight for a lot of us on this board, but if you save your pennies, Brother has one with a 4x4 hoop for under $300. Walmart has one for $299. Still a lot of money for some, but there are always little ways to earn that much.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Krisb View Post
Know what you mean by wanting an embroidery machine for this swap. Or at least a machine that does more than about six stitches. Used all of them on the first block. So I'm going to be visiting Pintangle for the stich directory lessons. But I have the chaos thing down pat--see?

At least you have some floor showing through ... I have a very narrow path from the door to the desk with the computer and then on to the cutting table/sewing table. But it's getting better - at least now there's a path
Old 05-09-2012, 08:18 AM

I have two partners this month and Cupids's is just about ready.....
Old 05-09-2012, 08:21 AM

If someone wants, I accidently goofed and ended up with an extra one that I am using right now at the office. i know, quilting at the office, boss loves me for sure. As long as my work is done and all is good, i can use my time wisely and quilt. I hang them on the wall here and all the sales reps love to see what is up next. have to get a couple more done so can hang at office.

Here is my embroidered crazy patch. Just one of the squares. I wish I could do all that hand work ladies, but my ability, tensions span, and hands just do not allow me to enjoy that part of sewing so I get the next best thing. Handwork is so special that you ladies that are going that extra mile, kudos to you in my book. That takes a lot of time and unique qualities. Give yourselves a pat on the back from me, or just a good hug.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	crzay patch block.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	334131  
Old 05-09-2012, 08:23 AM

how awesome quiltermomma!!