Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Funky Halloween Swap ^^._.^^ Sign Ups close June 30, 2012 >

Funky Halloween Swap ^^._.^^ Sign Ups close June 30, 2012

Funky Halloween Swap ^^._.^^ Sign Ups close June 30, 2012

Old 05-17-2012, 02:18 PM

We are going to have some great looking quilts, I can't wait to get my blocks.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:08 PM

Peggy I love those blocks
Old 05-18-2012, 01:38 AM

Adorable!!!
Old 05-18-2012, 10:29 AM

LOL, I had to look twice at "Kajillion" I was wondering if it was a new fabric designer that I had not heard of... Then it dawned on me it must be a very big number!

I am not in the mood to work on any of my old projects, I think I will start a new one! My husband does not get it! I told him I always will have more projects going that I will ever be able to finish in a month, he thinks it is more like a life time~ Men!
Old 05-18-2012, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
LOL, I had to look twice at "Kajillion" I was wondering if it was a new fabric designer that I had not heard of... Then it dawned on me it must be a very big number!

I am not in the mood to work on any of my old projects, I think I will start a new one! My husband does not get it! I told him I always will have more projects going that I will ever be able to finish in a month, he thinks it is more like a life time~ Men!
LOL...sorry, Marybeth...I need to remember not everyone speaks in "kiffese"...I had to double check and make sure I did put the word "kajillion" in quotations...so at least I wouldn't seem as "loony-toony"...(yep, another "kiffism")..lol..I think maybe I should head to bed, maybe I can blame all of this on needing sleep...riiiight... Yes, I meant it to be a big #...and my dh sounds like yours...dh was joking with me one time and asked if my quilt group friends and I ever do finish any of the quilts we start on...I gave him "the look" (with a smile, of course.)...he hasn't mentioned it again...
Take care,
Kif
PS I do think maybe you are on to an idea...starting a fabric line and naming it "kajillion"...hmmm...lol...
Old 05-19-2012, 04:44 AM

Oh Kiffie I am so excited to see your new fabric line "Kajillion" ... :P Haha... and I put it in quotes... I personally have so much creativity that it would be impossible for me to work on only one or two projects at a time. Oh and sign me up for being a Fab-a-olic... a Jenism for "Being an over enthused fabric collector" LOL I did want to share with you something I read in a magazine ...have no clue which one... have sew many... anyways. The author was writing about having sew many projects going... and so forth..and her personal solution was that when she came upon a project she wanted to make..she did make it... but in miniature dimensions. Now this leads into math and being really good at reducing patterns.. which I was thinking to myself .. HARD TO DO... however.. I have been trending this way and the learning process slow...Im still making most projects full size..however.. I have completed in a weekend a few projects I miniaturized because...I didnt want to work on any of my WIPS or UFO's and was wanting to play with something new. It has not culled my kajillion projects however... I can show DH a few finished items... that of course he being the wonderful dh that he is... always thinks they are the greatest in the world.. Ha ha.... thanks for sharing your kiffism's with us and of course I would like to preorder some Kajillion fabric samples. LOL
Old 05-19-2012, 07:28 AM

Yippee!!!! I love Halloween.......count me in.......I've been stashing halloween fabric for many many years just waiting for that special project to come along.........

I'd like to do 3 sets........I'll send a private message........Yeehaw I can't wait to get started.........

I LOVE this QB site........can you tell I'm new to the board? lol
Old 05-19-2012, 07:56 AM

Welcome scrapper! Sounds like you have a "Kajilion" Halloween fabrics. Yippee! Can't wait to see what you share with us. Hummm...better get it in gear myself and make some blocks.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jenniky View Post
Oh Kiffie I am so excited to see your new fabric line "Kajillion" ... :P Haha... and I put it in quotes... I personally have so much creativity that it would be impossible for me to work on only one or two projects at a time. Oh and sign me up for being a Fab-a-olic... a Jenism for "Being an over enthused fabric collector" LOL I did want to share with you something I read in a magazine ...have no clue which one... have sew many... anyways. The author was writing about having sew many projects going... and so forth..and her personal solution was that when she came upon a project she wanted to make..she did make it... but in miniature dimensions. Now this leads into math and being really good at reducing patterns.. which I was thinking to myself .. HARD TO DO... however.. I have been trending this way and the learning process slow...Im still making most projects full size..however.. I have completed in a weekend a few projects I miniaturized because...I didnt want to work on any of my WIPS or UFO's and was wanting to play with something new. It has not culled my kajillion projects however... I can show DH a few finished items... that of course he being the wonderful dh that he is... always thinks they are the greatest in the world.. Ha ha.... thanks for sharing your kiffism's with us and of course I would like to preorder some Kajillion fabric samples. LOL
Hi Jenniky,
Well, now you need to sign me up for your "Fab-a-olic" group!!! I sometimes am in my fabric room, and I look around and just think to myself, "Really?? Really??"...lol...Then I get carried away with how much I love some of the fabrics that I forget to keep scolding myself..... My dh is very supportive, too...Its funny, because when I get anything new in to do with my quilting and embroidery, if he is around, he just has a little grin on his face, and then I usually will say to him, "Its your fault, you know"...he replies, "My fault, how is that?" I reply "Because you are too nice and you never say a word about my 'Fab-a-olic' self." (Okay, I am ad-libbing putting in the "Jenism" makes a better rendition)...He then says, "Well, its always MY fault, eh??.." to which I reply, "Yep"...he says "K", then we both get a laugh...we have it down to a science now, he smiles, I say your fault, he says I know, always is...I say yep, he says k, then we laugh...Ahhh...the comfortable love of being married for almost 30 yrs...Now before anyone starts gagging and thinking they hear birds cooing and harps playing...let me add in that dh loves to fish and hunt...I love to quilt and embroider...'nuf said....lol... I might just have to try doing more of the smaller items...when I do have something that is "eating my lunch" such as recalculating...I go to dh...he is great at all that...now I didn't say he is ecstatic to do it, just that he's good at it...
Hope everyone is having a great week-end, I should get off of here and go work on one of the "kajillion" projects I have...I really should...lol..
K
PS I think you should design the fabric line, I'll just think up a "kajillion" more names for it!! LOL

Last edited by kiffie2413; 05-19-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:06 PM

Hehe, this is a fun group. I finished 3 UFO projects this weekend and even finished one I had totally forgot about for a gift, so I saved going to buy a gift!

My Hubby is really a sweetheart, I did make a promise that I would not buy fabric for the month of May... I really think I made it more to myself, but our beloved dog passed away this week and FQ's were on sale at the LQS for a dollar so I went and bought a few dozen! It was good therapy and now that some projects are finished I am back to working on this new one. I am making a scrappy table topper with 2 inch squares. And a memorial wall hanging with the Dogs picture.

I can see your new fabric line already! My daughter when she was little asked me if there were a "tranzillion stars in the sky", I told her "I think so"