Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Art Quilters? >

Art Quilters?

Art Quilters?

Old 05-17-2012, 06:05 AM

Hey you guys! No activity? I know it is spring in the Nth Hemisphere but surely some creative quilting is going on?

Going to post some shots of my ongoing project shortly..which I must confess I started only a few days ago. My excuse is that in the sth hemisphere it is fall and..well. no excuse really..I let stuff get in the way of being creative and that is never good for one's balance in life. I will mend my ways. Again

What are you guys up to?
Old 05-19-2012, 06:37 PM

I have my "BIG" Sister visiting me from N. Carolina and I have not set foot in my studio. She'll be here for another two weeks and THEN I'll start up again. Got to enjoy her while I can.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:11 AM

Has anyone considered putting the art quilt challenges up in the QB Challenges and Contests section of the board so that more people see them and possibly enter? Current challenges stay on top as a sticky, closed ones move down the page. I'm pretty sure PatriceJ would agree to it being up there.

Each month can still be discussed on those threads without limit, but the challenge itself wouldn't get lost within the pages of the thread. This one could continue as a general discussion of the genre and, hopefully someday, a sharing of techniques/ideas/resources/experiences. Just a thought as it gets more cumbersome here and as the thread keeps moving to the back pages.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:34 AM

Thumbs up Art Quilt Challenges and Discussions

Ghostrider, thank you for presenting this idea! My experience and knowledge of how things work on QB is minimal to say the least. In addition, my posting is rather inconsistent due to all the other activities I'm involved with. When I posted my New Topic asking if there were any art quilter's on QB, I had no idea we'd be having this discussion 20 pages later. This is a good thing.

With Super Member status, your experience and vision (based on your conversation here) could help establish the challenges and dialogue for the Art Quilters on QB as a readily accessible permanent topic and thread. I honestly don't have the knowledge or time for this. Would you be willing to follow up on your idea and make it happen? If not, is there someone equally capable who would? This would be such an inspirational and educational plus for the QB members. No doubt the participation would increase dramatically. Thanks again for sharing this splendid idea.

Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Has anyone considered putting the art quilt challenges up in the QB Challenges and Contests section of the board so that more people see them and possibly enter? Current challenges stay on top as a sticky, closed ones move down the page. I'm pretty sure PatriceJ would agree to it being up there.

Each month can still be discussed on those threads without limit, but the challenge itself wouldn't get lost within the pages of the thread. This one could continue as a general discussion of the genre and, hopefully someday, a sharing of techniques/ideas/resources/experiences. Just a thought as it gets more cumbersome here and as the thread keeps moving to the back pages.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:00 PM

My time has been thoroughly absorbed with garden activities. In addition to my own yard and gardens, I plan, plant and tend the flower beds for my aging parents so studio time is minimal. I met the deadline on an online challenge piece (see photo below), but as yet have not begun this months challenge here. By the looks of it, I'm not the only one short on time.

Originally Posted by suziehammond View Post
Hey you guys! No activity? I know it is spring in the Nth Hemisphere but surely some creative quilting is going on?

What are you guys up to?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0428.JPG
Views:	593
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	336992  
Old 05-21-2012, 01:42 PM

I just looked at the site. It makes my heart go pitty patter. Does it cost money to join? I would think so.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Judebug View Post
Ghostrider, thank you for presenting this idea! My experience and knowledge of how things work on QB is minimal to say the least. In addition, my posting is rather inconsistent due to all the other activities I'm involved with. When I posted my New Topic asking if there were any art quilter's on QB, I had no idea we'd be having this discussion 20 pages later. This is a good thing.
Do you view this on a tablet or ipad? My laptop only shows 5 pages for this thread.
Am I missing some of the discussion?
Old 05-21-2012, 07:08 PM

You can set how many posts per page (ppp) you get displayed, more ppp = fewer pages. This is post #198 (number is in the top bar of each post). Make sense?
Old 05-21-2012, 10:57 PM

Gee I wish someone could do this. I don't have a clue how. Maybe someone?
Old 05-22-2012, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Judebug View Post
My time has been thoroughly absorbed with garden activities. In addition to my own yard and gardens, I plan, plant and tend the flower beds for my aging parents so studio time is minimal. I met the deadline on an online challenge piece (see photo below), but as yet have not begun this months challenge here. By the looks of it, I'm not the only one short on time.
Bless you, Judy, for all you do for your parents' enjoyment of their garden. I have a feeling you do much more for them. You are precious for all you do.

Now, WOW, on your challenge quilt! Exquisite. I can not say enough about it! But part of that might be because of your originality plus the fact that you used colors that grab me. You are amazing and have added so much inspiration to my art quilting by starting this thread. I always look forward to updates on this thread.

I do hope someone with a lot of know-how is able to take on Ghostrider's suggestion.