Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm >

May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm

May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm

Old 05-23-2012, 10:50 AM

I am going to sit out again this coming month.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:01 AM

Sincerest apologies to Ann aka annt59. My computer's usb ports aren't working and I finally got my camera's memory chip and a card reader to work so the picture uploaded to my computer at work (shhhhhh)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]337511[/ATTACH]

Inside the package was: silver rick rack, recipe cards, a scissor lock (I'm going to use that a work!), and mug rug, needle case, measuring gauge, four fabrics (in colors I love of course), peppermint patties and a magazine from 2003.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]337512[/ATTACH]

Ok, I thought the magazine was a bit weird...but last night in the tub, where I read all my quilting magazines ;-) I discovered s pattern for a chicken and egg quilt that was made by paper piecing blocks! AWESOME! (I also discovered the postit that Ann had marked the page with all folded inside. (sorry Ann).
Anyway, here's the deal: I love dark chocolate and mint, I'm into chickens and have been collecting images of funky chicken blocks on pinterest, I'm still a bit nervous about maintaining that magic 1/4 inch, the blue and green paisley fabric is some of my all time favorites which I was running out of and all the other goodies, well let's just say that Ann hit a home run!
@----- I am sending you a rose and can't thank you enough for the great package!! And to everyone, this has been really fun for my first swap. I can't wait for June!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0094 (800x600).jpg
Views:	206
Size:	298.1 KB
ID:	337511   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0095a.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	337512  

Last edited by Pinkwater; 05-23-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:23 AM

I'll sign up to again, even though I haven't gotten anything this month. I think my Sp forgot me. Oh well. I know Lori said it had been mailed but so far nothing.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by verna2197 View Post
I'll sign up to again, even though I haven't gotten anything this month. I think my Sp forgot me. Oh well. I know Lori said it had been mailed but so far nothing.

verna, lori will make sure that everyone in the swap gets a package. she is the hostest with the mostest like that. yours could be coming from overseas which sometimes takes a bit longer or it could have been mailed late, which of course will make it late getting to you. but either way, you will get an enjoyable package. don't worry, be happy.

on another note: i thought sending to 3 secret pals these last months would help me to get my swap bin to a manageable level. well i now see 2 swap bins, a number of bags with swap stuff, a coupla boxes with swap stuff and swap stuff sitting in places that i never intended it to be. so much for managing things.

i guess if i stop buying things i can get there (avid estate sale shopper here). could i possibly consider including more things in the boxes i send?. as it is now, i try to fill all the available space in a package if i can fit something in an air pocket. i am sure the post office has my pic posted somewhere as the priority mail taper & to be on the lookout for me. oh well, i will get it all figured out.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:17 PM

I received my sp box from jleister on Monday. I am just behind in posting this.

Julie sent such a great package to me. I hope I don't miss listing all of it. She sent me the neatest bag made out of old pattern instuctions and tied with a little red bow. Inside of it were fat quarters and a crocheted dish cloth that she made for me. I got 2 patterns with snowmen on them (and I love snowmen!) She sent a towel that says Corn to be Wild, a darling mesh bag (that she made) stuffed
with Werthers, note cards both large and small. Also a pack of Christmas buttons. I got a box of
honey-lemon green tea. And to add to the holiday theme, a wire American flag that I can hang on my
door or on the wall. She even remembered the Sass with a fish toy.

Thanks, Julie, the gifts just kept coming out of that box and I love it all!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	sp May 1.JPG
Views:	395
Size:	888.8 KB
ID:	337540   Click image for larger version

Name:	sp May 2.JPG
Views:	418
Size:	935.8 KB
ID:	337541   Click image for larger version

Name:	sp May 3.JPG
Views:	395
Size:	936.2 KB
ID:	337542  
Old 05-23-2012, 01:20 PM

yes I know Lori won't leave me out, I am just excited to see what I will be getting. As for all the swap things laying around everytime I go somewhere I look to see if there is anything that I can pick up for a new SP.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by verna2197 View Post
yes I know Lori won't leave me out, I am just excited to see what I will be getting. As for all the swap things laying around everytime I go somewhere I look to see if there is anything that I can pick up for a new SP.
my edict: i don't plan to buy anything else unless absolutely necessary.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
my edict: i don't plan to buy anything else unless absolutely necessary.
not sure that I believe that....and of course "necessary" is relevant haha....as long as you aren't still trying to bring home little old ladies....
Old 05-23-2012, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by skaduzy View Post
I received my sp box from jleister on Monday. I am just behind in posting this.

Julie sent such a great package to me. I hope I don't miss listing all of it. She sent me the neatest bag made out of old pattern instuctions and tied with a little red bow. Inside of it were fat quarters and a crocheted dish cloth that she made for me. I got 2 patterns with snowmen on them (and I love snowmen!) She sent a towel that says Corn to be Wild, a darling mesh bag (that she made) stuffed
with Werthers, note cards both large and small. Also a pack of Christmas buttons. I got a box of
honey-lemon green tea. And to add to the holiday theme, a wire American flag that I can hang on my
door or on the wall. She even remembered the Sass with a fish toy.

Thanks, Julie, the gifts just kept coming out of that box and I love it all!

Love all your goodies especially that flag.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:53 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
not sure that I believe that....and of course "necessary" is relevant haha....as long as you aren't still trying to bring home little old ladies....
I almost forgot about Mary doing that.lol