Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Who has found odd things in packaged food? >

Who has found odd things in packaged food?

Who has found odd things in packaged food?

Old 05-06-2012, 05:47 AM

While eating out with my friend, she found a short curly hair under her chicken fried steak. It was almost gone when she found it. We called over the waitress and begged her to tell us the cook had short curly hair on his head, because we desperately needed to think it came from his head! She said no, he was balding with straight hair. We almost puked. They did give us her meal free but I still gag when I think of this.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:43 AM

I'm not reading any of these post...I don't want to know. On the other hand, maybe I should, I might lose a few pounds!
Old 05-06-2012, 09:07 AM

well, i guess we all will have to go outside and pick some grass and eat it but be sure there are no bugs on it before you eat it. lol on second thought, forget that, the dog may have watered it. i guess we may be safer with the canned goods.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:02 PM

Yesterday DH scooped coffee out of a can, to make his morning cup and found a large needle with fuzz on it. It looked like a darning needle. We surmized it was used in South America to sew the jute bags closed after the beans were sacked. Unfortunately it was too rusty to use again. We just laughed. There was no use showing anybody because they would just think we did it to get money. I kept it as a reminder to always know where I put my sewing needles.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:09 PM

about 2 yrs ago I bought a case of pop at a local Aldi's. 3 of the cans had sewing needles in them. I fortunately pour my pop into a glass to drink. never bought anymore of that pop. A couple months later I noticed Aldi's didn't have it on the shelves anymore.

Many years ago I was eating Chili from Wendy's and bit down on a little curly piece of metal. It scared me. I then took it and went to Wendy's to inquire. They acted very bored with me...but someone said it was part of the machinery that grinds that beef for the chili. The manager left the area..post haste. Never was offered a refund or anything. How could I since the manager was hiding?
Old 05-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Power Poster

Gross! These stories make me NOT want to eat now. LOL

When I was a kid, I found a 1/2 of a worm in the center of a tootsie roll pop. Guess where the other 1/2 went????
Also I have found sand in canned spinach. Needless to say I don't eat canned spinach anymore.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:42 PM

12 years ago I stopped at a burger place for lunch. My burger had a long brown hair in it. I went inside & told them about it,& the said it probaly was mine. Well I had a base ball cap on so I took it off to show them that I was totally bald from chemo. They affered me another burger I said just the money please.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:23 PM

Default Milk is safe.

Originally Posted by barny View Post
Well, it is lunch time here right now, and after I read these, Ii'm not a bit hungry. ha. I once read if a cow has an infection in it's udders, they go right on millking. ugh. I don't know if that is true or not, but I don't drink milk.
Not true: As a Dairy Farmers wife, I know. Every tank of milk hauled out of a barn has a sample taken from it and its tested before it is processed. If it tests positive, the whole truckload will be dumped. Thats why farmers have insurance because it can happen, but it'll never get processed. Have a glass of milk, one of the safest things to drink.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:58 PM

My father found a mouse in a bottle of Royal Crown Cola.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:52 PM

Recently found a piece of ABC (already been chewed) gum in a bottle of Sam Adams beer. Contacted the company and they sent me a free bottle opener...