Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
'Quilty Pleasures' RR >

'Quilty Pleasures' RR

'Quilty Pleasures' RR

Old 05-24-2012, 06:10 AM

hi carole, yes these tops are wonderful!!
a few people (but not all) know that i used to be the 'wardrobe mistress' for a few years with our local 'am-dram' group in helensburgh. the 'helensburgh savoy' put on a show every year in november. i've worked on the costumes for shows such as 'calamity jane', 'the king & i', 'oliver', 'me and my girl', and 'guys & dolls'... well, i gave it up and couple of years ago as i needed a break... it can get very stressful!!
well, i've been asked to return to do the costumes for this years production of 'fiddler on the roof' and i'm bouncing!!! 'fiddler' is one of my all time favourites, and am so honoured that they have asked me back to help!! wow!!!

as far as another 'RR' for me, i'm not sure how i will fit it in, as i get pretty snowed under during these productions... for me it will depend on when the 'RR' starts etc... i still have other commitments to finish too! arrghhh!!! lol...
Old 05-24-2012, 07:06 AM

You are way way tooo kind. You do beautiful work! You forget I've seen your work too!! Thanks
Originally Posted by b.zang View Post
Don't you DARE send that quilt back to me!!! I would be TOO intimidated trying to follow that class act you've added.

Judy, the next top is on its way to you.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:11 AM

Abonda, that quilt is beautiful. You did a wonderful job with it.

Carole, I think I'll be out the next time unless you wait until about October. I've got a busy summer coming up and need to use the time I have to finish up my projects.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:13 AM

I agree about the time line. October will probably be around the right time to start another one. Lets see if we can get together for another one then. We still have some time left on this one anyway.

Blessings!
Carole
Old 05-24-2012, 10:40 AM

So much fun! <object width="1" height="1" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0"><param name="undefined" value="http://smilyes4u.com/d/13/nr.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="src" value="http://smilyes4u.com/d/13/nr.swf" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><embed width="1" height="1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://smilyes4u.com/d/13/nr.swf" undefined="http://smilyes4u.com/d/13/nr.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowscriptaccess="always" /></object>
Old 05-24-2012, 11:10 AM

October would probably suit me better, thats when we would be making our starting round, right?? Sounds good. The show i'm making the costumes for is starting the second week of november. You'll jave to wait for me i'm afraid!! Lol...
Originally Posted by Carsey View Post
I agree about the time line. October will probably be around the right time to start another one. Lets see if we can get together for another one then. We still have some time left on this one anyway.

Blessings!
Carole
Old 05-25-2012, 07:35 PM

I don't mind waiting for you Jacquie!
Old 05-27-2012, 05:08 AM

thank you joan!! lol...
Old 05-27-2012, 05:28 AM

OMGosh I think it is perfect!!!
Old 05-27-2012, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Carsey View Post
WOO HOOOOO!!!! These tops are beautiful!! Now...................... After we finish these tops................. Are we all up for another one???? I love our group and I sure hope that we can stay together and do many more!!!!

I'm in!!!!

Blessings!
Carole
Ah, your enthusiasm is infectious!! This is a great group to be part of, and I feel very honoured to be counted amongst you. For me, round robins are the best way I've ever found to stretch myself and challenge my quilting skills. I'm anticipating a future with more time for myself which, of course, will be used sewing! Meanwhile, I plan to enjoy what we're doing right now.