Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Week 14 Crystal Star & Dakota Star Photo Page >

THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Week 14 Crystal Star & Dakota Star Photo Page

THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Week 14 Crystal Star & Dakota Star Photo Page

Old 05-29-2012, 05:57 PM

Default a little eye candy

I got this block done today and a good start on clover blossom...have to wait to finish that until Thursday since I work tomorrow. Thought I would post it now since I can't post this week's blocks for a little while yet.

Crystal had the day off so she came out to sew for a bit in the clubhouse. She worked on "confounded" rose...didn't get it quite finished before having to leave. Hopefully she will get pictures soon to share with you all

Carrie
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Crystals Star.JPG
Views:	451
Size:	500.4 KB
ID:	338746  
Old 05-29-2012, 06:29 PM

Carrie, you certainly have a very pretty block. Good job.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:51 PM

Dubib...if you didn't use trmplates or pp before, how did you quilt?

Carriem...I like your block. So neat that you have a quilting partner!
Old 05-29-2012, 07:11 PM
Power Poster

Great block, Carrie! Is the blue dot a KT? If not, it fits in perfectly, though haven't seen KT with dots.

Does anyone else not like the small photos and how do you prevent them? I've seen other postings with regular sizes, but more of the itty bitty pics.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by carriem View Post
I got this block done today and a good start on clover blossom...have to wait to finish that until Thursday since I work tomorrow. Thought I would post it now since I can't post this week's blocks for a little while yet.

Crystal had the day off so she came out to sew for a bit in the clubhouse. She worked on "confounded" rose...didn't get it quite finished before having to leave. Hopefully she will get pictures soon to share with you all

Carrie
Carrie - I think it is just perfect! A darlin' li'le star. Be sure that Crystal knows we want her here. We need her input, just like we need everybodie's input.

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
Dubib...if you didn't use trmplates or pp before, how did you quilt?
I've been hand quiltin' for years (I think nearly 30 yrs.) I would hand quilt cheater or whole cloths. I only started piecing & machine quiltin' about 6 yrs ago. I learn slowly, or so it seems ta me. I have been following rotary cutter directions so far. On a side note every time I would try ta take a class, someone in my family would end up in the Hospital. My DF twice, My DGF, my DFIL more times than I can count, & my DGM twice. The FMQ class I took in March was the first class I got ta finish. I've learned more in the few years I've been on this board that I could ever have in a class.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:42 AM

Thank you all for the nice compliments. It is a great encouragement to keep getting more blocks finished.

OKGlad--yes, the blue dot is KT. I have a few fabrics with dots on different color backgrounds...none are the exact same. The last time I went shopping with my group of quilting friends I picked up the light blues that have been appearing in my recent blocks.

dublb--I will pass on your message to Crystal.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:02 AM

Did a little searching and the light blues fabrics (and same dots other colors) are from KT Wildflower Serenade I and II. Here are links: http://www.unitednotions.com/fcc_wil...r_serenade.pdf and http://www.unitednotions.com/fcc_wil...erenade_II.pdf

Ok time to get off the computer and get ready for work....at least it doesn't feel too much like work since I get to look/touch fabric all day.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:30 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for the info Carrie. I checked them out and I have 4 fabrics from each of the 2 lines--but no dots
Old 05-30-2012, 04:42 PM

No I don't like the small pics either. There have been some postings that had both sizes. Go figure that!
Old 07-09-2012, 09:05 AM
Power Poster

Last night I decided to get back into the PC Swing. I'm so tickled to get this two done and have fabrics ready for the current week's blocks. Yeah! In reviewing this week's blocks I am so amazed at the differences in their interpretations. And they are all so wonderful. Nice to see a variance not only in the non Pony fabrics but the Pony fabrics as well.[ATTACH=CONFIG]347706[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]347707[/ATTACH]

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PC 27 Crystal Star.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	895.8 KB
ID:	347706   Click image for larger version

Name:	PC 28 Dakota Star.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	887.3 KB
ID:	347707