Boomerang 7.0-FIRE Group

Old 06-04-2012, 03:51 PM

[QUOTE=quiltingnonie;5260170]QuilterMomma:
I mailed your grownup block back to you on April 25th, so am shocked to see my name on your list of missing blocks!
Can you please check again?

I have now gone thru all the f8s I have received, and I have everyone's fabric. Yesterday I shopped in my stash for fabric, accomplished that, then today, picked out a block and cut all the fabrics up and are ready to sew and mail. I put them individually in their addressed envelope so they will not get mixed up. All stacked real pretty like and oh my gosh organized.
I went thru again on the grown-up blocks and I only have 12 blocks received. I am missing
Jacque-Scotland - n/r because she needs my f8
tildiemae
ndquilts
mdmsewnsew
LindaC

So yes, quiltingnonie, I did receive yours, mismarked by a line. So sorry about that. So I am in the process ladies of finishing up blocks. I hope to get them out this week if at all possible. Now that birthdays and graduation over, can focus and get this done. The blocks I have received are wonderful, yes I will get them posted soon. Thank you.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:49 AM

Sorry I have been MIA for a while, I messed up both my thumbs at the same time - if you have one thumb on the DL, you can kind of gimp along, but when both thumbs are out of commission, you are totally shut down - my left thumb is pretty well mended and the right one is functioning at 50% - hoping to be able to get some sewing done by this weekend - you really have no idea how much you need opposable thumbs until you don't have any! I did manage to finish Veri and Moonrise's blocks and mail them out - am loving everyone's fabric, have most blocks ready to go, just need to be able to push the fabric through the machine and trim everything up - hope to get a lot of blocks completed this weekend and out the door next week - keep your fingers (not thumbs!) crossed!
Old 06-05-2012, 11:53 AM

Oh my MdmSewNSew, that is awful. I know the hand surgery held me up but no thumbs, I can only cringe at the thought. Here is to hoping both you and me getting our blocks finished and out the door.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:37 PM

Both thumbs at one time. Ugggggrrrrr. That cannot be fun! Best to you for a speedy recovery.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:39 PM

WOW!!! Hugs and quilty love to all of y'all!!
Old 06-05-2012, 03:41 PM

Hello Everyone of the Fire Group,
I read everyone's entries and feel like I"m way behind with responses and blocks but unfortunately and/or fortunately life happens!! I"ve received several finished blocks and they are all so pretty...I can hardly wait to put it all together for the finished quilt! I hope to start in making everyone's blocks sometime this month. I may have to fit in an anxious bride who wants her wedding dress, 3 bridesmaids' dresses and her mom's dress altered (somehow altering and quilting are worlds apart even though they both involve a sewing machine!!!) in the very near future. I enjoy being a part of this group and hope to be an 'active' participant in the very near future!!
Old 06-06-2012, 01:08 PM

Yesterday I worked on designing an applique block for a friend in a Round Robin Swap--then ironing on the paperbacked fusible and then onto the background fabric. Today was the first day I actually felt like sewing since my surgery a week ago. So I started to make a block for
jahaper, and wouldn't you know, I made a mistake right off the bat--cut two pieces of her fabric wrong! Then I didn't have time to finish becasue
I had to come to my daughter's house to bbsit 3 lil ones! Hopefully I'll get to sew tomorrow and try to finish up my blocks-most are already cut and pattern picked out, but still have a few to pick the pattern for and cut.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:27 AM

yaya - glad you are feeling better!!!
Old 06-08-2012, 06:13 AM

hi cindy, your lovely block arrived today!
i think it made very good time!!
it's lovely thank you!!

i will take more pictures of my blocks soon!!
Originally Posted by Yosamitesa View Post
Sent grown-up blocks out today (yes my post office is open on Sundays) to tildiemae and jacquie...

wandalou and LindaC - I will get on yours this week if my hubby uncovers my sewing machine from his stuff. Bedroom is back under construction and I can't get to my machine.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by jacquie View Post
hi cindy, your lovely block arrived today!
i think it made very good time!!
it's lovely thank you!!

i will take more pictures of my blocks soon!!
YEA!!! SO glad it made it and even more excited you like it!!! I actually fell in love with it once it was finished and held on to it because I didn't want to send it home. Hubby found it and made me send it back. Big MEANY!!! I'm glad it found it's way home and that you enjoy it, hopefully as much as I did!!! Hugs!!!