Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 06-10-2012, 06:18 PM

Thanks for the link, I took a quick peek - nice designs! mygardened.com
Old 06-11-2012, 06:01 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by pjnesler View Post
Thanks for the link, I took a quick peek - nice designs! mygardened.com
Hope you have a very short email address otherwise it won't work. Grrrrrrrrr.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by Sewze View Post
For those of you that are unsure of what stabilizer to use for your embroideries, I was taught that the lighter the fabric the heavier the stabilizer; you then avoid puckers in your embroidery. It has always worked for me. I have a Viking SELE and 5D Pro.
Thanks for the tip; I have the Viking Ruby and the Pro 5D. I just got the software last month when the Viking educator was here for the day. I learned so much. I didn't think I was going to get the pro until I saw what all more you can do with it; the portraits, the cutwork and so much more. I was hooked. It was the best $10 I think I've spent in a long time. A whole day of learning, creating and it included lunch and two snacks and lots of fun.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
Hello Ladies, I have a
Viking SE LE. I really don't know very much about it, but want to learn. I use the embroidery feature so far only for doing a little writing. But I want to learn. I tried the tutorials, A lot of what they say either does not work or does not make sense. I hope to glean form this group a better understanding of my very expensive paper weight! Looks like I have a lot of reading to catch up on this thread!
Hi there, try this website. I ordered a cd from them when I got my Viking #1 and it is so easy to follow. Plus they have lots of other stuff. It hasn't been updated in along time but they still take orders; anyways they did last yr.

http://www.sewmuch4retirement.com/videos.html
Old 06-11-2012, 06:56 AM

Wow I just found this. How neat! I have a Babylock Elegante 2. I have started using it for quilting my quilts and love it.
..If anyone knows of quilt motifs I can get please let me know. I have them from emblibray, designssewfine, and redleaf. Here is one I just completed. very happy with it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01685.JPG
Views:	983
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	341304   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01689.JPG
Views:	974
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	341305  
Old 06-11-2012, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by wvhill22 View Post
Wow I just found this. How neat! I have a Babylock Elegante 2. I have started using it for quilting my quilts and love it.
..If anyone knows of quilt motifs I can get please let me know. I have them from emblibray, designssewfine, and redleaf. Here is one I just completed. very happy with it.
Your quilt is lovely. Did you hoop you quilt for each leaf? I am just starting to do some quilting with my machine, so any help is appreciated. You have inspired me to try more. Thanks.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by wvhill22 View Post
hatched in africa has great quilt designs along with other great designs. I was at their trunk show; the best thing about their designs is they aren't real dense. It's a family run business and great designs.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Sophie2 View Post
Your quilt is lovely. Did you hoop you quilt for each leaf? I am just starting to do some quilting with my machine, so any help is appreciated. You have inspired me to try more. Thanks.
I do. It can be a little time consuming but worth it in the long run since I can't get a long arm right now and not comfortable with my FMQ
Old 06-11-2012, 09:02 AM

Beautiful quilt! I have the Babylock Ellure Plus and would love to have the Ellangante myself but what I have will do!
Old 06-11-2012, 04:29 PM

I have a Janome 300e and now want some thing bigger to do bigger motifs lol. what kind of hoop should i use if i want to quilt some blocks

Last edited by LisaR; 06-11-2012 at 04:32 PM. Reason: wrong thread