Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tin Lizzie 18LS >

Tin Lizzie 18LS

Tin Lizzie 18LS

Old 05-30-2012, 03:35 AM

I have a Tin Lizzie 18LS and I bought it new. I did not get a good machine. It had electronic problems form the very first day. I was an experienced LA'er but had very little technologicall knowledge. It has taken me over 2 years to get my machine working right and I HAVE HAD NO HELP WHAT SO EVER FROM THE TIN LIZZIE COMPANY. They would not even return my emails or phone calls. If this doesn't scare you, it should. You might know that you have a good machine but there will come a time when you will need support and you cannot count of getting it from the Tin Lizzie Company. I also understand that they have an abnormal number of problems with their machines. This I heard from a local repair shop that fixes every type of machine out there.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:57 PM

That's too bad. Tin Lizzie has been good to work with us when there was a problem. Once we skyped so he could see the problem and walked us through fixing it. Of course the closest dealer is 4 hours away so that might make a difference.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:12 PM

I never contacted the company directly. I go to my dealer (he'd awesome and also my janome guy) i had to have the board replaced and he went ahead and got a new control for the right hand.

The reason I chose TL was because of my dealer.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:10 PM

I am having trouble with my Lizzie skipping stitches..like an inch or so! Have cleaned all the rails and rollers with no luck. Any other suggestions? Thanks
Old 06-20-2012, 04:44 PM

I had a lot of problems with mine racing with many tiny stitches all of a sudden and have said many a swear word at it. Lately it is working just fine, but the occasional racing still occurs.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:53 AM

mkfloeter: Mine was doing that, so I went through the basics: killed all dust bunnies, re-oiled, rethreaded, and cleaned the lint from around the encoders that run on the rail. Halfway up the rail on the left-hand side is another encoder (think that's what they are called) and I cleaned a tiny amount of lint from there. She is now purring in perfection with no further problems.