Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Opinions Wanted-swap gifts >

Opinions Wanted-swap gifts

Opinions Wanted-swap gifts

Old 06-22-2012, 08:43 PM

I love to get pot holders and coasters. I have a never received an item in a swap that I did not like. There's just something about hand made gifts that are special.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:50 PM

Wow, I'd totally love a hand made stiletto. I also like fat quarters, pincushions, & bags. Hand made gifts are awesome! One of my friends that I met on QB is always making me cute things, and I use each and every one of them!
Old 06-22-2012, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by karate lady View Post
Ok quilters....just how does this swap thing work. What all is involved? thanks for any info.......sounds like a fun thing to do...
karate lady at an particular time, there are several swaps going on this board. you check this link to see what swaps interest you, find one you want to participate in, click the link and all of the rules/requirements for that swap will be listed on page 1 of the swap thread. usually you will email the host and let them know you want to participate and presto! you are there.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:29 PM

I made lolly pop pin cushins on golf tees, their easy and are made from left overs except for the golf tees. Just make a circle of fabric turn over edge and do a running stitch pull to gather, fill with fiber fill and gather, hot glue to the flat top on the golf tee, tie a ribbon around and drop in the top of your spool of thread and you will have a place to store needle and thread together. Great when appliquing or quilting. They look like the little Dum Dum lolly pops.

Last edited by LUANNH; 06-23-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by LUANNH View Post
I made lolly pop pin cushins on golf tees, their easy and are made from left overs except for the golf tees. Just make a circle of fabric turn over edge and do a running stitch pull to gather, fill with fiber fill and gather, hot glue to the flat top on the golf tee, tie a ribbon around and drop in the top of your spool of thread and you will have a place to store needle and thread together. Great when appliquing or quilting. They look like the little Dum Dum lolly pops.
What a great idea!
Old 06-25-2012, 04:08 AM

Hey LUANNH - I saw your post and immediately made 2 for my traveling bag and for my sidetable where I keep applique stuff. What a GREAT idea! You guys have got to make these - they are cute and REALLY useful!
Old 06-25-2012, 04:29 AM

I love to make little pin-keeps for sewing / quilting friends. Then put in some pins with beads glued on top.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:45 AM

I do the swaps on this board monthly, and I like to send templates I work where there is a sheet metal shop and the my friend cuts me anything I want. Just last week I saw a tutorial on crazy quilts where the lady had a pack of templates for the centers in different sizes for $19.95. I took my templates to the copy machine and decreased it twice and he cut it for me. I also like to send unusual sissors, at Christmas time I find santa, snowman and reindeer handled sissors at the dollar store, last year I bought every pair I could find. In July I start send Christmas items to my pals.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:54 AM

Plastic bag holders, coin purses: not just for coins, can hold knitting supplies, sewing supplies for travel, about 7" long by 5" tall., Sticky back tape measure tape.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Just Fabric View Post
.... Sticky back tape measure tape.
how do you use this type tape? i received some in a swap and don't know in what wya or how to use it.