Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
5-6 Thousand Dollars to SPEND >

5-6 Thousand Dollars to SPEND

5-6 Thousand Dollars to SPEND

Old 06-25-2012, 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by SUSIENC View Post
I have 5-6 thousand dollars to purchase a new quilt machine and frame...........I want to purchase something soon.HELP........what do you recommend......my husband says get what i want......
I can't tell you what to buy but can suggest that you do not buy a Tin Lizzie unless you test it for hours and hours. It is in your price range but it took me 2 years to get the bugs out of my new TL and I got no help from corporate headquarters. It is now a good machine but 2 years is a long time to work on getting it this way. The corporation should have replaced it for me but instead just ignored my many crys for help.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:02 AM

CHECK OUT BAILEYS LONG ARM MACHINES! They are affordable comes in a 17" throat with a stitch regulator and a frame still under 4000.00. They have free shipping month of a June and class demos on sale. they are located in upper New York state I think. I am saving up my pennies for just the head and stitch regulator I already have the frame. Good luck and let us know what you finally went with!
Old 06-25-2012, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
Check out the homequiltingsystems group on groups.yahoo.com . This is a large, active group of quilters with a wide variety of quilting setups. You should be able to get some good advice on combinations to research within your price range.
Thanks for this info - I jumped over and signed up too - I just purchased a SUNSHINE 16 and want to get as much info as possible!
Old 06-25-2012, 04:35 AM

I would go for the large name brand frame & machine used. Also, check Craigslist but be sure you can try it out.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:51 AM

My thoughts and suggestions go with doing all of the above--but this is from one who fell in love by chance with a Gammill. The ONLY quilting machine for ME. Long story there--if you have never used a LA before, be prepared for a period of learning just as if you were a kid under your grannie's care learning to sew.Mine is a Classic with many bells and whistles, but the main thing is the regulated stitching--you will LOVE that. Congratulations on the unexpected windfall, and best of luck as you look for your machine.....
Old 06-25-2012, 06:23 AM

Try out the Innova, in fact try out as many as you can, making list of the features you like on them all. I would not get one without a stitch regulator for sure. There are a lot of used machines out there for sale, so good luck.

themachinelady
Old 06-25-2012, 01:15 PM

get the HQ SWEETSIXTEEN LONGARMSEWMACHINE LOOK IT UP AT THESEWMACHINEPLUS OR,LOOKUPTHE BEST HQ LONGARMSEWMACHINE HQ.COM
Old 06-25-2012, 04:07 PM

The Tin Lizzie is a great machine if you get the basic one, with stitch regulator. Mine is from 2007, just before they came out with computerized machine. More bells and whistles, more problems!
Old 06-25-2012, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by themachinelady View Post
Try out the Innova, in fact try out as many as you can, making list of the features you like on them all. I would not get one without a stitch regulator for sure. There are a lot of used machines out there for sale, so good luck.

themachinelady
I agree and some of the vendors may have used ones for sale. Try looking up innova vendors on the net for one closest to you and see what they have.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:06 PM

Please look at the bailey quilting machine they also have a deal; frame, machine and sew control. a great basic machine and money left over for fabric!