Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
More interesting websites >

More interesting websites

More interesting websites

Old 01-22-2008, 03:58 PM

I learned about the underground railroad in school. Different farmhouses around here were said to be part of the underground railroad system., although these are all mouth to mouth stories. If they came this far north to go to canada, they probably wrapped in quilts to keep warm. Canada was there finial destination as there was slavery in NY
Old 01-25-2008, 01:38 PM

We would, of course, only do the ones we want, and commemorative is a very good idea, as most of the history of certain blocks is speculative. Maybe, there could be a rule that these blocks have to be documentable as existing pre-1870 or something to that effect. Say, 8" squares?
Patrice, if it is okay with admin, can we start a list and hammer out the rules?
I'll be on the list. Maybe we can start the 1st of Feb, and have a different thread for the historical BOM.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:48 PM

It amazes me just how many resources are available to quilters via the net. Patterns, history, techniques, advice, source material, quilting groups, it goes on and on and never fails to entertain; truth told though, this is my favorite place for all that and more. You folks are great!
Old 10-23-2008, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Norah
We would, of course, only do the ones we want, and commemorative is a very good idea, as most of the history of certain blocks is speculative. Maybe, there could be a rule that these blocks have to be documentable as existing pre-1870 or something to that effect. Say, 8" squares?
Patrice, if it is okay with admin, can we start a list and hammer out the rules?
I'll be on the list. Maybe we can start the 1st of Feb, and have a different thread for the historical BOM.
I would be interested in knowing more about this when you start and the rules. I should be clear of things I am doing by then. I do love history.

So lets hear more.

Thanks Elle
Old 01-23-2009, 08:09 AM

bump