Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST >

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

Old 07-05-2012, 04:25 PM

there ya go Teresa!
Hav-you are loosing it woman!
Old 07-05-2012, 04:44 PM

Oh quiltnut4ever ... take it easy on your back. Nothing any worse than a bad back and you hurt it or strain it again. Your unpacking can wait ... unless you are like me and cant stand it when things are not in their place.

Ladybug1938 ... I so love your pics of buttons ... what a great idea!!!
Old 07-05-2012, 05:10 PM

I'd let ya' but not sure SP would appreciate the delay. I hope she posts a pic, haven't ever seen her on here though, But I really would like an opinion. If she doesn't post I took pics so maybe I'll post them myself and you all can see what I sent. That's got to be the 2nd best thing right Havplenty????
Old 07-05-2012, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
I'd let ya' but not sure SP would appreciate the delay. I hope she posts a pic, haven't ever seen her on here though, But I really would like an opinion. If she doesn't post I took pics so maybe I'll post them myself and you all can see what I sent. That's got to be the 2nd best thing right Havplenty????
i wouldn't worry so much about it. i am sure you did your best to put a good package together for your pal. in the overall count of swap participants, most do not post pics and many do not post to the thread either. you will need to decide not to let that bother you and have fun anyway. posting pics or to this thread is not a requirement, sending acknowledgement pm's (3) is a requirement.

i kept pics of most of my swaps so i could remember what i sent (all of my pics are lost now) and would post if my pal asked me to if they couldn't. you should keep pics for your own records because sometimes you may get a pal a second time around.

relax and have fun.

p.s. be sure to send lori a pm to let her know you mailed your package.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:42 PM

ok pal..... the thing i ordered you is here. i have to go fashion this item i am making you, the other one i have finished already. then i need to assemble two other things for you and i think i will be finished and ready to pack up your squishy for mailing.

btw, i have misplaced my calculator so i cannot give you a zip code addition, i don't know where i put my gps unit so i cannot calculate the distance miles between us and i have no witty clues to say right now. i will say this our paths have crossed before and you have been on my mind more than once.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:10 PM

Wow, look at all them buttons! You better hide em. Lol probly 20+ years ago a friend and I bought a bunch of bags of buttons. I think we each had a big coffee can full. I still have some of them. My kids just loved to play with them. They would dump them out and sort through them for hours. I sewed a lot back then and used a LOT of them. Last year a local lqs had a sale and I bought a bunch of sandwich bags full. My DGKids spent hours sorting them. Some things never change. Love of buttons is non generational. I still love them. Even with several boxes, I still look, and often buy!
Old 07-05-2012, 06:11 PM

My secret pal is going to get buttons................wonder who that could beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..............
Old 07-05-2012, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
Hmmmm, I see some possibilities here.....
Sorry my sp doesn't collect buttons.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
Man, oh,man. I think I want to get my package out and open it and find more to go into it. I put some things in (SP likes patterns, there is one), she likes specific colors (there are some FQs there) and some smaller handmade things - but after reading this thread, perhaps I need to add more. I was trying hard to stay within that $10 limit - maybe I need to fudge on it a little. Hummmmm.....
It is sooo hard not to just keep packing things into those boxes huh?!
Old 07-05-2012, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser View Post
My package is sitting at the door and waiting for the carrier. It's going not quite due south, but more like due-south-east of me. I drove through (or by) there three times coming to-and-from-and-to-again when I moved to my present location last year.

I bet the box is on her doorstep by Saturday. (The baked goods hope so, too!)
BAKED GOODS???? Oh me me me ppleaseee be me!!!