Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidery Machine Lovers - July, 2012 >

Embroidery Machine Lovers - July, 2012

Embroidery Machine Lovers - July, 2012

Old 07-08-2012, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Marysewfun View Post
I have a Brother 350SE, then added the Brother PE770. Speaking of hoops - has anyone tried the continuous feeding and embroidery with the Snap-Hoop? I have read everything I have been able to find on it and have been toying with the idea of getting one for my 770 but wonder if anyone has had experience with it?

Marysewfun
Are you talking about the endless hoops. I just bought it and Viking's free design this month is one that can be used in the endless hoop. I haven't used it yet but have a few things I want to make with it. The Viking educator was at our store and she showed us how when she wants lace, rick rack, etc she just makes her own and she can make it as long as she wants it. Viking had just came out with a larger one so I got it.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
And you got no user's manual with the Era program? If you can look for the Stitch Universal in your computer... START >ALL PROGRAMS, hover over and see if a window opens with the user manual installed there. Otherwise, I'd do a search on line for it. You should be able to find information SOMEWHERE! I had the ERA program briefly, but liked MY EDITOR better, and the programs list is where I found my manual.
Mermaid....I looked at My Editor and see it is a free program also. I am not ready to buy and expensive software for embroidery until I see if it is something I will really get into. I registered to be able to download it but before I do I wanted to ask you if it lets you create a blank design and add wording to it. Thanks! Pat
Old 07-08-2012, 05:01 AM

I have a Brother 1500 D emb/sew machine. Love it. Wonderful machine. I also bought the Ped Next software. Wonderful, still learning, but quite user friendly. I love to embroider pieces on all my projects.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by PghPat View Post
Mermaid....I looked at My Editor and see it is a free program also. I am not ready to buy and expensive software for embroidery until I see if it is something I will really get into. I registered to be able to download it but before I do I wanted to ask you if it lets you create a blank design and add wording to it. Thanks! Pat
Why don't you d/l & install and look thru the user guide (118 pg) and see if you will like what it does. It will uninstall easily. I can't answer all your questions, because I do most of my stuff with PE Design 5, but Editor is so quick for me to cut a design or copy/paste something else to it...and I don't have to connect the card reader. I am getting lazier--just saying! Oh, my machines also use floppy disk, so I can quickly load the design and get to the machine. Don't write to card every time.

Last edited by mermaid; 07-08-2012 at 05:40 AM.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by PghPat View Post
Hi MzMcKee...I have been looking for this post and your response for several days and finally found it. Thanks for the suggestion. I did download the Stitch Era Universal. I started off great but don't know if I changed some setting on it but now when I go to type in the lettering I want I can only do one line...it won't go to the second line and I hadn't changed the font or size of font.

I read that Yahoo has a user's group for Stitch Era Universal where everyone helps each other with problems...just what I need since there is no "help" with the program. I went on to Yahoo groups and signed up and like with any other Yahoo group that I have signed up for it says you are signed up and the moderator will email you in a day or so of your approval. Well, it is almost a week and I haven't heard back from them yet. When I go to the sign up page it says "your membership is awaiting approval of group
Make sure that you press the control key and the enter button at the same time for the second line. I just did a label yesterday with ERA and it worked for me.

Last edited by Freddie; 07-08-2012 at 07:02 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 07-08-2012, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
Make sure that you press the control key and the enter button at the same time for the second line. I just did a label yesterday with ERA and it worked for me.
Gotta go to ERA and try that right now...although I didn't do that when I printed the first time. I will come back with my outcome. Can you post or PM a picture of your typical label. Thanks! Pat
Old 07-08-2012, 07:16 AM
Banned

This is the newest machine I have, my older emb/sewing machine is the NV1000.

And I have the Floriani Suite Pro software, still learning it though I did take one
class (3 hours long) and learned next to nothing, and then I took a 1 hour webinar
class and learned quite a bit, but still need to learn more.

Originally Posted by terisail View Post
I have a Brother 1500 D emb/sew machine. Love it. Wonderful machine. I also bought the Ped Next software. Wonderful, still learning, but quite user friendly. I love to embroider pieces on all my projects.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
Freddie....WOW! I am so blown away....I did what you said...control key and enter button...and it worked...BUT I definitely did NOT do that before when it worked. No big deal tho...just happy to be able to do more than one line of wording. NOW...my problem....which I didn't have before...is that I cannot get it to save to .jef file. I have been able before to put any file into another freebie program....Wilcom....and able to convert it to a .jef file and was able to print it. I have been trying for an hour now and I am saving it on my CF card as a .jef but my Janome 300 isn't reading the file....like it's not there at all.

Any help? sure would appreciate it and I DO appreciate all the help I have gotten already. This board is awesome. I do wish the ME could have their own space tho. Thanks! Pat
Old 07-08-2012, 10:43 AM

I've had a BROTHER embroidery machine for a number of years and I am happy with it. I just did three designs in the past 24 hrs. I am putting patriotic designs on a mystery wall hanging that I made many years ago. The designs will be a nice addition to it.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:32 PM

Actually the one I am thinking about is Snap-Hoop and it is put out by Designs in Machine Embroidery (Eileen Roche) - it has a lot of machines (especially Babylock and Brother) that can use it (5x7 hoop). It is a fully magnetic hoop - top is magnetic and attaches to a metal base. It seems great - but also costs $179 to $199, and I was wondering if anyone has tried it. So far I have received a yes and a no about it. ;-0

Marysewfun

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
Are you talking about the endless hoops. I just bought it and Viking's free design this month is one that can be used in the endless hoop. I haven't used it yet but have a few things I want to make with it. The Viking educator was at our store and she showed us how when she wants lace, rick rack, etc she just makes her own and she can make it as long as she wants it. Viking had just came out with a larger one so I got it.