Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Batik Block Sampler ~~ Sign-ups Close May 30th, 2012 ~~ >

Batik Block Sampler ~~ Sign-ups Close May 30th, 2012 ~~

Batik Block Sampler ~~ Sign-ups Close May 30th, 2012 ~~

Old 07-09-2012, 06:09 AM
Power Poster

It still shows that pinklotus has not accessed the board since 6/12/2012, almost a month. Even with accounting for the storms that is a long time. I contacted Patrice and she only has pm to contact pink lotus. Since we have the addy from sending the swap blocks did anyone send a note in the mail or does anyone live close or have her regular email? I keep thinking something happened.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:12 AM

Very curious! Something must have happened. Last I heard she said she had a family emergency & would let us know about what blocks she'd received. It's been a long time now.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:54 AM

I have PM'd her and sent a note in the mail but have heard nothing. Also in a Boomerang swap with her and there are several other members that are still waiting for their "blocks" back. Looked up her home phone number this morning and just now tried to call, got the answering machine. Message said Hi this is Richard, leave a message and I'll get back to you.....so I did and a phone number. Hopefully someone will call back. Would be glad to go through everyone's sets and remail them if needed, but would need them sent to me. I mailed in 4 sets so that's quite a few blocks plus everyone else's they shouldn't be that hard to find in her sewing space. Will let everyone know if I hear back or not.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:48 AM
Power Poster

I was thinking the same but I am rather far away. It would be nice if some one close by could maybe get a hold of them and complete the swaps if help is needed. I have three sets in the batik block swap. I am pretty worried too as the correspondence was good and all was well until she dissapeared from the board mid June. Hope she is well and just something is holding it up and keeping her from the computer.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:20 PM

This makes me sad. I hope there's a good explanation. Mail fraud is no BUENO.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:30 AM

Thanks for sending a letter and for trying to call, jaba.

I keep thinking that surely there's a reasonable explanation and that she'll turn up soon. If not, this will have to be the last swap I do, unless I "know" the hostess from previous swaps. Swaps can be expensive when you count the cost of the fabric, the postage both ways, and a little something extra for the hostess. As we all know, funds are tight for many folks right now.

But maybe we'll hear something soon and hopefully it'll all work out in the end.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:46 AM

PinkLotus,

I hope all is going well with you and assume that life temporarily got in the way of the swap or perhaps you are waiting on some blocks that were promised and stuck in the mail. I look forward to getting my blocks but I have a had enough personal life disasters that I am patient about getting the blocks. If you could post and give us an idea of when we will get them, I feel that will alleviate the concerns of the swappers.

Thanks for doing the block exchange.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:20 AM

I tried to call again last night, thinking her husband was maybe working all day, but still got the answering machine. So far no call back. Sorry, but I will keep trying. Does anyone live close to Hickory, NC??
Old 07-10-2012, 08:57 AM
Power Poster

Thank you Jaba.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:34 AM

Wow, this is interesting. Well if it goes like the SBS swap last year, then we will get them, just not on time. Keep trying jaba, I am sure someone will respond sometime soon. I am sure Patrice is also trying to get in touch.