Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 7.0-WATER Group >

Boomerang 7.0-WATER Group

Boomerang 7.0-WATER Group

Old 07-13-2012, 06:12 PM

I was thinking the same thing. I went over to 'Fire' and the blocks are gorgeous. I'm going to really challenge myself next time. The ladies have inspired me

Originally Posted by daisey View Post
I do simple blocks too, I want them to look nice and not mess up anyones fabrics but maybe this next time I will do fancier ones..
Old 07-13-2012, 06:23 PM

but thats a small group its easier to make fancy ones when you dont have to do it 38 times,,,Its so time consuming..maybe if I only do a few each week,,,Ill see,,I like Simple Blocks too like Old Cat Lady says they can really showcase a fabric..Well see
Old 07-13-2012, 08:33 PM

All of my blocks went in the mail today. Hope everyone gets them in good shape and time. I really enjoyed doing this. Thanks to all. Sara
Old 07-13-2012, 11:13 PM

What kind of fabric did you send her daisey?
Donna

Originally Posted by daisey View Post
Rosey sue dont worry about it, I never recived a block from you but out there somewhere its lost but that is ok..If anyone has a block that isnt theirs let Rosey Sue know,,Things happen and I am not upset.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:43 AM

Is there any one that hasn't received there block back yet? All blocks should be with there owners at this time.
Donna
Old 07-14-2012, 03:29 AM

When I see the fabric is when I choose a pattern for that fabric. Mostly everyones is different. I get bored if I make the same ones. I do simply and harder, depending on the fabric. I also try to do a pattern that uses the most of your fabric, but that doesn't always work. I love this swap and hope it never ends.
I am still missing a few:
babyruth
cuppy
eagleoneowl
girlscouts1
Lillie
masimmons
OK Darla
pinklotus
Roseysue
saraev
sew1096
If you can't make the block don't worry about it and please keep the fabric for your stash. Thanks for the fun.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:46 AM

I sent 3 fabrics and she said she had it marked that she recieved it, but she thinks she may have sent to wrong person since I didnt get it..One fabric was roosters, one was a black background with very bright sea creatures on it and the third was light green fabric with white dogwood looking flowers and also had light pink in it..
I can send Rosey Sue another piece of the roosters if she wants to make another since that is the only fabric I have left,,,I was just wondering id anyone got a block that wasnt theirs...one lady did send me a block that someone sent her by mistake but I marked that ladies off so It wasnt Rosey Sue.
Ever since the forum changed how to load pictures Ive had problems...I am a long arm quilter and used to post pictures of my work on the forum for the customers here but now I dont even do that,,,I really am ok not getting a block from Rosey just a bit bummed but not mad or upset all, things happen.
So maybe someday it will show up...Miracles do happen. Never had mail lost...Thanks for asking! happy Saturday everyone!
Old 07-14-2012, 04:56 AM

Daisey I agree about this board being harder to post pictures too. I wish they would never have changed it because I dont use it near as much as I use to when it was easier to navigate around in. Maybe thats a good thing though? Has anyone heard fro Lillie? I think the rest I am missing have posted that they are working on blocks but I dont see where Lillie has?

Still missing babeyruth, cuppy, eagleoneowl, girlscouts lillie,masimmons, pink lotus, and sew1096. Since this is the 14th I will probably get all these in the mail today?? LOL Just teasing. If you cant make the block its fine, just please let me know so I can proceed on putting the blocks I have already together and not wait on the other 8.
I also looked at the Fire groups blocks and they are nice but I think our group has made some pretty fantastic ones also! Love the challenge of matching blocks to fabric! GOOD job ladies!
Old 07-14-2012, 05:56 AM

I forgot to add that if anyone needs their scraps back, please let me know and I will be happy to send them out. I didn't see any notes in with the fabric requesting it but I know if someone ends up a block or two short they may need the extra fabric to finish their projects.

I'm going to wait awhile to put mine together to give everyone time to get blocks to me. I'm missing the same ones as everyone else but no rush. It's not like I don't have a dozen other projects waiting to get done!

Thank you again for the beautiful blocks and I hope I get to swap with you again in 8.

I think Shari D wins the award for best themed stationary!!! It is so cute!

Last edited by oldcatlady; 07-14-2012 at 05:59 AM.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:18 AM

Default Your Block

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011 View Post
What kind of fabric did you send her daisey?
Donna
Hi Lori,
I can't find where I sent where I sent a block to. I really wish you will send me a swatch of your block so I cand can do a block for you. It is very is important that I do a block for everyone. Please, Please send me fabric so I can make your block. I look forward to receiving it.
Thanks, roseysue.