Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Online Quilting TV show >

Online Quilting TV show

Online Quilting TV show

Old 07-14-2012, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Arleners View Post
I think that referred to The Quilt Show. I have been a member since they started. I really enjoy the shows. It stars Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims. Each episode has a guest star. Alex and Tim interview the guest or guests, and then there is usually some sort of demo based on the guests speciality.

There are also a whole bunch of side things on the website. For me it is worth it.
I was a "member" for one year and found that the actual teaching of techniques was only a very small part of the program. It depends on what you want...listening to Ricky play the piano or other musical instrument (he IS good) or chat about why and when a guest started quilting, or do you want to learn techniques? Ricky has some great ideas and does do beautiful quilting, fabric dyeing etc. Alex has little to teach and I KNOW that she is a better teacher than she is given time for and could be a much bigger and better part of the show.

Both are great at interviewing guests. The show just didn't meet my needs.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:11 AM
FLQ

I paid for QNN and watched one episode. The next time I tried to login it wouldn't let me so I sent an Emil but never got response (1week ago) I'm calling them Monday. I did enjoy the episode I watched. Online tuts are a great way to learn new techniques. It's best to have a goodinternet connection.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:30 AM

I watch a lot of the you tube videos from missouri quilting. They are great and are good for me because they are very explanatory and easy to understand. There are others there also, you just have to search for them. The only drawback I can see is with you tube you have to wait for the video to load, which can be a pain especially if it is a long one. But I think they are worth the wait - and they are all FREE!!
Old 07-14-2012, 06:46 AM

I"m a member of QNNtv. I enjoyed it last year but this year not so much. I had already joined again when I realized I would like The Quilt Show much better. I've been thinking about joining it too. I do have to say I like Quilty on QNNtv. Too bad there aren't more episodes of it to watch.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:24 AM

Like others who have replied I subscribed to both The Quilt Show and QNN and I enjoy them both. I joined TQS this past year when they were having a special and was able to get 2 past seasons (of shows) for free. In my eyes the cost is nominal and I'd rather be watching their many shows or tutorials than much of what is on tv. I do search Utube and look for other sites that provide tutorials. Who would have thought that we could pull up all of this information so easily.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:32 AM
Power Poster

I belong to many online subscription sites. I like watching the shows while I sew. I have a Kindle Fire and it's the perfect size to watch the online shows next to my sewing machine or at bedside. Ipads and other tablets are perfect for online shows and all the free videos on you tube. There must be thousands of quilting videos on you tube.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:21 AM

I have signed up for a free quilt block a week online, there is a 12.5 inch block each week. Here is the link:
http://quiltinggallery.com/learning-...s-quilt-along/

All the blocks are up. At this point, there are six blocks. The new block is posted on a Thursday each week. I really like the support links to the particular block of the week. So far all the quilt blocks are rearranging squares and half sqare triangles. It is a good review as well as new tips and techniques.

There are also photo gallery photos of completed quilts related to the block. Plus, there are opportunities to post current block photos for all of us to see interpretations.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:31 PM

I joined the Quilter's Club of America. For $29.95 for a year, I get a free subscription to QNN TV, a free subscription to Easy Quilts plus access to years of their back issues, access to hundreds of free quilting patterns with new patterns added every month, a free DVD from QNN TV that's a sampler of all their shows, a variety of discounts to lots of quilting and fabric stores -- for instance, 10% off everything from JoAnn's and Keepsake Quilting, plus lots of other stores, plus a $500 rebate on an APQS if you're in the market. They also have a very active on-line community with contests, message boards, quilting blogs, a "Show & Tell Gallery", and lots of educational videos.

Of course I make use of all of the free stuff available, but I do think the Quilter's Club of America is worth every penny! I've saved much more than $29.95 just in the quilt shop discounts alone!
Old 07-14-2012, 04:35 PM

There is also a radio program through allpeoplethatquilt site that I like listen to while I quilt.

http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/radio/...ail=2237723358

also this one:

http://www.creativetalknetwork.com/

on the 12th she had marilu henner as a guest. for those that may not know she was in the show "taxi"

Last edited by crtwelvecats; 07-14-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:08 PM

Your local PBS station may carry several shows. On Saturdays there are 4 shows, Eleanor Burns, Martha?, Fons & Porter, and Nancy?. Sorry, my oldtimers disease kicked in on their last names. That is free as well. I agree that there is more free stuff than I could ever cover.