Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST >

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

Old 07-15-2012, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
very nice Seminole mug rug....I think I'm going to start taking pictures of what I send too and post them if the recipient doesn't.....
I'm with you Brenda, got tired of making packages and no one posting pictures so decided I will do it myself.. Thanks about the Mug rug but that actually had 2 layers of that insulated stuff besides a layer of batting, would be good to put a hot dish out of the oven on...
Old 07-15-2012, 01:50 PM
Swap Hosts

Me, too. At least I'll try to remember to take pix. Too often I have a box on my cutting table and keep adding to it as I go along. And these days almost everyone is getting Beach Plum Jam!
Old 07-15-2012, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Me, too. At least I'll try to remember to take pix. Too often I have a box on my cutting table and keep adding to it as I go along. And these days almost everyone is getting Beach Plum Jam!
I had it all packed twice but took everything out of it and took the pictures...
Old 07-15-2012, 01:57 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 View Post
I had it all packed twice but took everything out of it and took the pictures...
A woman with a mission!!!
Old 07-15-2012, 02:00 PM

Today, we ran into Knoxville after church for lunch and some errands. One of my errands we to go to Joann's and shop for next month's SP swap. GOt some really nifty things that any one of us would love (I think, anyway). I have been seening so many neat things in the pictures, it has really started me thinking about what I'll include next time.

Krystyna, I can understand your frustration with the animals and your fruit. We were growing strawberries once and the deer were eating them before we could pick. Hubby built me a frame with wire on short (2') legs. Then the birds started going under the frame, so he put side borders to keep them out and by that time, it was too heavy and bulky for me to lift - it took both of us to move it so we could weed and pick. Don't know if that was worth the trouble or not.
Lori, I understand your need to know when packages arrive - and sending the message to the sender is just the right thing to do. I'll be sure to do both when my package comes.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 View Post
I'm with you Brenda, got tired of making packages and no one posting pictures so decided I will do it myself....
sounds like a good idea. there will be more pics to see this way. most of my pals do not post pics so the rest of us never get to see the many great handmade items that are sent or the nice packages to ooh & aah over.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Hope you get my name next time - I'd love the jam. I didn't think to take pictures of what I sent, my SP responded here on QB, h ope she sent to Lori, but no pix.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:19 PM

I don't know how taking photos really solves the problem...I notice that many a time, you receive a PM that your package was received but they don't acknowledge it here on the thread. I think that's pretty sad....after sending a package and not even letting the rest of the players know that you received yours. Kinda makes you (the sender) feel like others are wondering if you sent anything at all, huh???
Old 07-15-2012, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by leiladylei54 View Post
I don't know how taking photos really solves the problem...I notice that many a time, you receive a PM that your package was received but they don't acknowledge it here on the thread. I think that's pretty sad....after sending a package and not even letting the rest of the players know that you received yours. Kinda makes you (the sender) feel like others are wondering if you sent anything at all, huh???
I so totally agree. I have never taken pictures of what I have sent but I think I will start. I have been thanked thru an PM but still I would like to see pictures of what I have sent.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:52 PM

Krystyna, I watch the squirrels pick my cherry tomatoes and eat them. They dig in my plants(now I put hot pepper flakes around them). I dislike squirrels.

Lori, I hope that you feel better soon.

Great packages. I'll try to post a picture of mine tomorrow.

It's raining here!!! A nice gentle rain.