Drinks

Old 07-15-2012, 05:43 PM

2 cups of coffee in the morning, with a bit of cream and no sugar.A glass of juice with breakfast. The rest of the day I mostly drink water...sometimes the sparkling water. Ice tea in the summertime in the afternoon sometimes with lemon and no sugar. A glass of milk usually at dinner time.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:21 PM

I love a good diet pepsi...has to be fountain with lots of ice! I also drink iced tea. During the school year, I have a glass of ice water on my desk all day long and have either a dt pepsi or iced tea after school on my way home. I try to stay away from anything with caffiene after about 6 pm or I find I can't fall asleep at night. When I am sick...I need the fizz of the dt pepsi so I drink it all day long.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Happy Linda View Post
Water, but I have to have fresh cut lemon in it. Crystal Lite Lemon and Lite Lemonade at fast food, if they have it.
I like a lemon slice in mine, too. I like cucumber (or spa) water, too. But it'll never replace my DP!
Old 07-15-2012, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Pam B View Post
I love a good diet pepsi...has to be fountain with lots of ice! I also drink iced tea. During the school year, I have a glass of ice water on my desk all day long and have either a dt pepsi or iced tea after school on my way home. I try to stay away from anything with caffiene after about 6 pm or I find I can't fall asleep at night. When I am sick...I need the fizz of the dt pepsi so I drink it all day long.
When I'm sick, I want 7-Up (tho I never drink it any other tine because if I drink it, I assume I'm sick even if I'm not... LOL!).
Old 07-16-2012, 02:27 AM

I have my usual couple of cups of coffee in the morning (black), then it's water the rest of the day. I try & drink a glass or two of iced green tea each day to help with neutralizing all the bad stuff I've ingested or been exposed to. Helps with weight control too. Only drink sodas when I stop at a fast food joint, which is rare anymore. I agree on the aspertane thing. After hauling food products for the past 20 years, you would be surprised as to what chemicals are in our processed foods. These manufacturers have found cheap ways to preserve the food & enhance the flavors. One day, hopefully, they'll have to change their ways, but it probably won't be in my lifetime!
Old 07-16-2012, 05:32 AM

After having a double mastecomy (sp?), I learned that cafeine contributes to cancer, so I only drink water - sparkling selzer is wonderful!
Old 07-16-2012, 08:53 AM

I used to drink Diet Dr. Pepper or iced tea almost exclusively, and very seldom drank just plain water. But then I had a kidney stone. That was the most painful thing I have ever experienced, and was even worse than childbirth! The stone got stuck and I ended up having to have surgery to get it out. So, now I drink lots and lots and lots of water. I still drink lots of iced tea too, year round, and an occasional soda.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:48 AM

Has anyone heard of the Harvard study about milk from modern farms causing hormone-related cancers? Quite an interesting read. I don't drink much milk at all.

http://harvardmagazine.com/2007/05/modern-milk.html
Old 07-16-2012, 10:25 AM

I drink water - especially at work. I can't drink milk. Sometimes, I want to taste something so I'll have a diet soda or squeeze a lemon into my water. At home is where I usually will drink something other than water.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:10 AM

Reading up on osteoporosis encouraged me to give up sodas, coffee and tea several years ago. I'm pretty much a water, milk for breakfast and occasional fruit juice drinker now. I lead such a dangerous life! ;-D