Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Batik Block Sampler ~~ Sign-ups Close May 30th, 2012 ~~ >

Batik Block Sampler ~~ Sign-ups Close May 30th, 2012 ~~

Batik Block Sampler ~~ Sign-ups Close May 30th, 2012 ~~

Old 07-10-2012, 01:14 PM

I went back and read the thread. Pink was totally with us until in her words,"As I mentioned several days ago, I had some personal issues arise in the past week, and I am trying to play "catch-up"."

More than I'm worried about my blocks and all y'alls....I just saw how pretty they are again.... I hope pink and her family is ok. Jaba, I hope you hear back. I think any of us would gladly help her with the swap or life if we could.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Power Poster

Patrice suggested I search local news papers from pink lotus town and I did going back to before June 9 but I was not able to find anything. all patrice has is the pm and it shows that pink lotus has not been on the board since June 12. Her last post in her blog was mid April. I was with her in the funky house block swap too. I keep thinking something happened because it does not seem in character. I hope all is well.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:07 PM

An update: as of today I still have had no reply's to my answering machine messages, I have called everyday morning and again at night. Seems like someone would call just to tell me to go to h---. Went through the town newspaper, nothing, even have contacted the local police dept. and they thought I was nuts asking for a welfare check to see if she was okay. Now I have contacted another board member that lives just 28 miles from her to check. She is a member of the Boomerang swap that we are doing and has not heard from PinkLotus either so she is going to drive over there this week-end and see what she can find out. When I hear from her about what she found out I will let everyone know. That's about all I can do from Wyoming
Old 07-12-2012, 12:32 PM

Jaba,
Thanks for all of your hard effort in our behalf. Hope that someone will respond.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:37 PM

Wow jaba, you have gone the extra mile for us. Thank you.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:03 PM
Power Poster

Thank you Jaba for everything you did and are doing. I am not sure either what else to do.I understand that there might be a delay or some one else needing to finnish these swaps. Life happens! I am just not sure why atleast Patrice or some one from the board or swaps was not contacted to let the rest of us know what is up. Hopefully the kind board member trying a drive by visit will be able to find out more. We'll wait patiently. I put about $70-80 into this swap with three sets and the postage.

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
An update: as of today I still have had no reply's to my answering machine messages, I have called everyday morning and again at night. Seems like someone would call just to tell me to go to h---. Went through the town newspaper, nothing, even have contacted the local police dept. and they thought I was nuts asking for a welfare check to see if she was okay. Now I have contacted another board member that lives just 28 miles from her to check. She is a member of the Boomerang swap that we are doing and has not heard from PinkLotus either so she is going to drive over there this week-end and see what she can find out. When I hear from her about what she found out I will let everyone know. That's about all I can do from Wyoming
Old 07-12-2012, 04:32 PM

Thanks, jaba.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:17 AM

Robin, love your batik blocks!! Hope we hear from PinkLotus soon to see where our blocks are ;o(

Just caught up on the reading and it seems PinkLotus has disappeared. Hopefully she will reappear. Sending thoughts & prayers to her personal issues. Thanks to all who are trying to make contact by phone and email. Surely someone will answer. Has this ever happened on the board? Someone run a swap and then disappear and never heard from again? Just curious.

Last edited by Oz & Lily; 07-15-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:55 PM

Any updates?
Old 07-16-2012, 06:36 PM

It's so quiet. Jaba have you heard anything?