Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST >

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

Old 07-17-2012, 10:34 AM

I received the most wonderful sp today all the way from Scotland! It had Binding clips, a amazing key ring tha tsaid" The world according to Debbie and then inside the little booklet it told what all my name stood for. Awsom! Eileen also sent two of the cutiest bows for Tinkers hair, Some great candy, a beautiful fq and some great thread. Thank you so much for everything! am charging camera will post pic later.

Hope you feel better soon Marybeth
Old 07-17-2012, 11:15 AM

just wanted to thank my secret pal~ sewdamncute, I cant wait to get home to see my special box of goodies.

There are some really great ladies on the quiltin boards, I love the pm's and the well wishes, thanks to you all~

marybeth
Old 07-17-2012, 11:37 AM

Try resizing your pics. My camera is too high pixels, so I just open them from the "My Computer" at Start. It opens it in program that has a "resize' button at the top. I have to take it down to about 65%, then they post. Just save them back to the thumb drive as a different name, that way the better qualit photo is still there. I hope this helps.

Originally Posted by stitchingpost View Post
i feel bad i cant post pic from my phone and i even went to library on try to do it igot pic on my camra downloaded onm flash drive and still couldnt post it,but i make sure to let every one knowns and i even send thank you card to my sp i wish i could post my pics
Old 07-17-2012, 11:41 AM

Oh, Marybeth, I hope you get feeling great soon. Keep your spirits up!!
Old 07-17-2012, 01:11 PM

For those wanting a tute on the stilletos, here is a link for them: http://quiltville.com/pdf/TurkeyLacerStilettos.pdf. I posted it a few weeks ago in a different thread. Highly reccomend them! Super easy to make and great to use. B,B & B does carry the lacers, but the tops are not quite like the ones shown in the tutorial. If you want that type of lacer, the only place I found them was through Amazon... For now, the ones from B,B & B are the ones I am using. Just be careful when you buy your beads - the holes in many of the beads are too small.

These are a "go to" item for me now, I'm putting them in all of my packages - including the one that is on it's way west and should arrive tomorrow! Thank you to my SP for being so patient! You're a gem!
Old 07-17-2012, 01:18 PM

That's wonderful Sega!!!!

Originally Posted by SEGASAL View Post
As you all know last Sunday the 15th. I was meeting with the people who I am getting my guide dog from. Well to let everyone know....We are a PERFECT match. We are trying to work out the training deatial. As I will have to go through 2-3 weeks of training with Meadow, he's a boy with a girls name. I do not have one picture of have one pic of him but cannot post it as of yet. Because the puppy raiser does not know yet that he is coming to live with me. So I am in the waiting on confirmation that I can do that. This will mean much more freedom for me. I can hardly wait for Meadow to come home. When he was here on Sunday after our walk together, we gave him water and he laid on the living room floor and fell fast asleep....He is such a cute dog...cannot wait to share the pics with all ofyou
Old 07-17-2012, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
Some of you are not sending me the pm when you mail and when you receive. To all the new people out there DON'T forget to send me a private message when you get it and also send one to the person who sent it to you! I have had several people tell me that their sp has received their package but they have not heard anything from them. This is just one that I received and I think it expresses how people feel when you do not acknowledge the thought and time and expense that goes into putting a gift together for someone.

I sent my pkg out on Monday SP got it on Wednesday and still haven't heard anything from her... Sorry but that is really unfair... That's almost all I have had, NO SHOWS... know it's not your fault, it's the luck of the draw, but still I hate to spend $11 on postage and more then that on a package, not counting other things I make and put in there... Unappreciative people... Sorry for sounding off...
I so agree !!!!!!! Mine recieved hers quite awhile ago and I have not heard a word. I even sent her a Pm. This does happen quite often. Thanks for sounding off!!!!! Sue
Old 07-17-2012, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by stitchingpost View Post
Lol thats my problem iam on a phone an it changes my words around too and then hit wrong button an hav to start over
~you can turn that feature off on your phone so that it wan't be able to anticipate your words.

~really nice packages everyone. nothing for me yet. but i will be off and on my way to tn real soon. gotta get my car washed and everything removed from my backseat and trunk so that i can actually have room for passengers and suitcases.

i really need to trade in my luxury car for an suv so i can haul things around. my car is soooo mistreated. here i thought i was ready for a "riding" car instead of a working car. guess i was wrong.

Last edited by Havplenty; 07-17-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:08 PM

So very glad I don't have a smart phone or a cell phone - friends and family give me the business about it all the time.

Received a very nice package from Deby - don't remember her on-line name off hand but will post a photo later along with a proper thank you - off to outdoor activities at my daughters. A cold one will go down quite nicely.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:47 PM

received my special package today from Terry(happymona) I got fabric, magizine, scrapbooking templates, cutting system, hand cream. Thank you so very much.[ATTACH=CONFIG]349836[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	008.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	349836